Is a 32 Inch Monitor too large for working at a desk?

Soldato
That’s too close for a 32” panel if you ask me.

When I used a 27” monitor for work, I found arm’s reach (32” with shoulders square to monitor) was the minimum distance for not having to move my head to view the whole screen.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Depends if you have room to adjust the desk arrangement. If your quite close to the display (less than two feet) its going to be too big. I find the sweet spot is the 27" otherwise your sitting further back, but all people are different and can adapt. If your working or using it for long periods though you need to know the comfort arrangements exponentially make a difference. Can have a knock on effect like the chair, desk, height etc.

Soldato
I have a 32" and i want bigger, i'm maybe 2feet away if that. I use mine for gaming and coding but reckon 40"+ would suit me better for immersion.

Associate
at home I have two gaming pc's one with 27" and the other with a 28" monitor. both are about an arms reach away. I find now that they are fine - however when I first got them I thought that they wer huge. I have just got used to them over time. I suspect that I can now move onto a 32" - although like you I am concerned that I don't want to move my head any.

Associate
I have a 32" and i want bigger, i'm maybe 2feet away if that. I use mine for gaming and coding but reckon 40"+ would suit me better for immersion.
is your a curved screen? any thoughts on a curved screen? I would think that curved would be better for immersion and wonder whether I should get one next time I upgrade my monitor.

Soldato
is your a curved screen? any thoughts on a curved screen? I would think that curved would be better for immersion and wonder whether I should get one next time I upgrade my monitor.

No, i have the LG 850g monitor. I have the whole thing in my vision without needing to turn my head about to look at it so a curve wouldnt really be a benefit i don't think. I came from an alienware 34" 1440p monitor that i got rid of purely because i didnt see the immersion people claim with them due to it being so narrow vertically. What i would really love is an ultrawide version of this 32" at least, so i guess that would be like a 40" ultrawide or something? Or even better the equivalent of 2 32" montors much like samsung does with 27" monitors in its super ultrawide.

I find myself keep reading the thread on here where people are using the lg oled tv as a monitor and am very tempted to try it as it would actually be cheaper than half the new monitors that come out.

Soldato
depends how much you value your eye sight :p, i tried a 32" tv and normal distance and i felt it was ok, but then it was only 720, so the size of content was fine and not miniature like at higher resolutions you sometime find, but to me a 32 onwards be ideal for a flight or racing simulator.

then again i use a 24" tv, but have seen 27" or slight bigger not looking much bigger, so i guess it would be down to the style of the screen. maybe get a 25" superwide

Back
Top Bottom