Is anyone else done wearing jeans in public?

Permabanned
I used to be a jeans type of guy, when ever I would leave the house I would always be in a nice pair of jeans, fendi belt, good drip. How ever since the lock down I have been wearing jogger bottoms pretty much 24/7 , I recently put some jeans on to go out and it really just made me realise how uncomfortable they really are.

At that moment I realised I just can't wear jeans out in public anymore. It doesn't matter if I am in Harrods, on a date, or in burger king, I will be wearing a nice soft pair of joggers. I feel so liberated from the societal pressure that was forcing this notion on me that I had to wear jeans or I am a chav. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Idk, I've been working from home since well before lockdown and whilst they're comfortable around the house it does feel quite nice to put on some big boy pants when I'm leaving the house.

Soldato
I bought a load of new clothes before all this stuff happened. Now I'm just wearing T-Shirts and Next loungewear bottoms most of the time. Trackie bottoms if I have to go out.

I like it! :)

PS: Might grow a moustache and get a perm to complete the look.

Soldato
Honestly, OP, this dilemma is what I have faced for years, I work 50/50 ownership in my company so I can wear generally what I want, and that tends to be joggers in the winter and shorts in the summer, amidst much mick-take from friends, but I cannot bear the feel of jeans, they feel tough/rough against the skin and irritate me, I can do it for a night out, but that's it.
As for wearing jeans at home, no chance! Someone needs to design a pair of jeans that have elastic waist (no buttons) and material that is ultra-thin and soft, i've tried a few types (including Uniqlo) and nothing can replace joggers for sheer comfort! That said, forget about joggers in the heat, all about shorts (jogger material of course :D) I am not overweight, but have a sensitivity to jeans, and chinos feel 'crispy' the sort of thing you would need to wash about 100 times to get them soft enough.
Someone please throw some suggestions to comfortable / acceptable trousers :D (for winter,obv!) :p

Soldato
I used to be a jeans type of guy, when ever I would leave the house I would always be in a nice pair of jeans, fendi belt, good drip. How ever since the lock down I have been wearing jogger bottoms pretty much 24/7 , I recently put some jeans on to go out and it really just made me realise how uncomfortable they really are.

At that moment I realised I just can't wear jeans out in public anymore. It doesn't matter if I am in Harrods, on a date, or in burger king, I will be wearing a nice soft pair of joggers. I feel so liberated from the societal pressure that was forcing this notion on me that I had to wear jeans or I am a chav. Does anyone else feel the same way?

You need some of those jeans that look like jeans but have a lot of lycra in them, or as I like to call them "eating pants". Very comfortable for driving in.

Soldato
around house i have some yoga type pants from Nepal ,amazingly cool ,and comfy ,out and about ,summer weight walking trousers ,i walked the Camino last year and the habit has stuck ,jeans on non walking beach days in cooler weather but defiantly not as often

Soldato
Jeans outside, within 5 minutes of being home, jeans are off and into shorts or tracksuit bottoms.

Tracky bottoms only to be worn outside if you're not venturing away from sight of the house or nipping out in the car with no intention of leaving the vehicle.

Only other reason to wear trackies outside is along with a hoodie and the intention to mug someone.

Caporegime
My favourite pair of jeans were from tesco. I worw them for years. Most are uncomfortable. I haven't worn any since lockdown.

I even go to tesco in my track bottoms now

Unfortunately I still need the corner sofa
Have the hot tub
Don't have a done up vauxhall corsa
Haven't mastered tucking my trackies into my socks

Soldato
I used to be a jeans type of guy, when ever I would leave the house I would always be in a nice pair of jeans, fendi belt, good drip.

Ok, this is probably going to make me feel old, but what does that mean? Because at the minute I'm thinking it's a typo I can't work out :p

(Not that I know what a fendi belt is either, but I assume it's a brand name :D)

Soldato
Cargo pants are silly comfortable, I don't even remember the last time I saw someone wearing them though.

I wore them 5 days a week for work for a decade and still wear them in the cooler months for shopping etc. Cheap as chips and very hard wearing. Had 4-5 pairs in rotation and wore out 1-2 a year. A bargain at £25 each.

Extremely comfortable working out in and out of vehicles and the leg pockets are very convenient when seated.

On the subject of jeans, Lee relaxed fit is the way to go if you have thigh and calf muscles.

Associate
OP
Ok, this is probably going to make me feel old, but what does that mean? Because at the minute I'm thinking it's a typo I can't work out :p

(Not that I know what a fendi belt is either, but I assume it's a brand name :D)

Read below:

If you have the drip, it means you have swagger, especially in how you look. You’re hot. You’re cool. You’re on point. You’ve got the sauce.

Drip appears to be a metaphor: You’re dripping with money, designer clothes, or confidence. Or as Bruno Mars sang on his January 2018 “Finesse (Remix)” with Cardi B: “We out here drippin’ in finesse /
It don’t make no sense.”

Its origin is disputed, including among rappers. The hip-hop blog HipHopDX claims that the word originates in the 2000s Atlanta rap scene while a 2018 Urban Dictionary entry argues it comes from early 2010s Jersey City, New Jersey slang. However, it might also be a teen TV show from the late 2000s, Zoey 101, that introduced dripping as slang for “cool.”

Back
Top Bottom