Is anyone else done wearing jeans in public?

Soldato
Wow - I got the title wrong. I thought this was going to be because jeans had gone out of fashion. Not that I'm too lazy to bother to make any effort in my appearance.

Are you married? :p

Soldato
I generally try to be respectful of other people's tastes but when it comes to skinny jeans I really struggle they just look so utterly ridiculous to me on a non-female. I think a good part of it though is a slight resentment on my part that a lot of clothing companies are swinging towards catering for it making it harder for me to find the clothing I'm comfortable in
You don't wear them for comfort, you wear them to show of your slim, healthy figure and your bulging man-package.
It's the modern day equivalent of Tudor leggings and codpieces!!

Besides, there are plenty of rich 80s rock stars who did very well out of them.

Soldato
A well fitting pair of jeans can't be beaten for me personally, they don't even have to be expensive, all jeans are cut differently and suit different shapes!

I wear skinny jeans with a high stretch cotton weave so they've tight fitting around the upper legs and calves while comfortable around the waist and ankles. River Island Skinny Sid fit and suit me really well so normally buy a few pairs of Black, Dark Blue or Grey a few times a year and wear them till they're worn out.

I've got tree trunks for legs so probably look a bit less "emo" than people with very slender legs, I know my dad never wears anything skinny as it makes him look like he has chicken legs.

As for tracksuit bottoms, not for me, personally I think they look really scruffy (on me) for anything other than lounge wear or sports, even though i'd only ever wear shorts for sports really!

Each to their own though, if you're comfy and you like the look you do you boo! :D

Associate
Tracksuit bottoms, even as a kid, I have never liked so not for me.

Outdoors - Chino's & Jeans.

Slobbing or WFH, Cotton / linen lounge pants during summer months. Jeans usually for the winter.

Associate
Sweatpants and loungewear FTW. As I grow older the more I realise I really don’t care what other people think. Let them judge me and when the chav they’re expecting turns round and belittles them intellectually they will then learn to never judge a book by its cover.

Associate
I have a couple of pairs of jogging bottoms, I only wear them when I am in the house or going somewhere where I am sure it wont matter how I look. I stopped wearing Levis and got some Wranglers, better so far i think, thinker material for starters and a nice fit.

Associate
Sweatpants and loungewear FTW. As I grow older the more I realise I really don’t care what other people think. Let them judge me and when the chav they’re expecting turns round and belittles them intellectually they will then learn to never judge a book by its cover.

Haha!!!!!

I don't care what people think these days, but I wouldn't be seen out in my jim jams

I am only just realising emojis don't work

Last edited:
Associate
I wear shorts whenever I can. I’m a postman so I wear them for work all year anyway. I will wear jeans if I’m going out or need to be smart but I don’t really like wearing them.

Soldato
I wear shorts whenever I can. I’m a postman so I wear them for work all year anyway. I will wear jeans if I’m going out or need to be smart but I don’t really like wearing them.

Always wondered why posties wear shorts 365?

Would the other, older and more alpha posties bully someone if they wore trousers on the coldest day of the year?

Back
Top Bottom