Is anyone still playing Battlefield 2?

Soldato
OP
I played BC2 for quite a bit but it was just never the same!

well this weekend i am having bit of a " graphical fidelity " time as just upgraded my sys, but i will download it next week and have a session as i love bf2 as you can see by this post it is what got me into pc gaming.

Let me know when you've got it all set up, got me and 4 mates wanting to get back into it so always looking for more squad members!

Soldato
OP
Thread revive from the depths!

Going through a slump of not having any interest in my usual games so thought I’d stick a post in here and see if there’s anyone playing?

There was a semi-modded version that got shut down by EA if I remember? What’s the best way to get online now?

Soldato
OP
Damn I spent days and days playing BF2. Was a game changer when it came out. I was a massive fan of BF3 as well. For me they lost their way from then. BF2/3 was the pinnacle.

Personally I think BF2 was the pinnacle, and BF3 was the turning point into a console high-paced COD-clone FPS :(

The change to consoles just killed the original core of the game with Squads and Commanders and massive maps. Bad Company 2 was better than BF3 in terms of weapon control and movement and maps, but just those first few years playing Mashtuur City and other rarely seen maps now, full servers, everyone playing as squads. Height of gaming for me!

Soldato
OP
Is there any way of obtaining a key now, surely there must be a site that lets you buy and sell old keys? Id love to get back into this game again and its a crime with so many options for games now a classic like this is inaccessible.

I think the only way is less than legal means i'm pretty sure :(

There are a few copies on eBay for under a quid which look like they come with the booklet which had the CD-KEY on the back though!

Soldato
OP
Thanks Mega I was thinking this but unsure if a used key would work, guess its worth a punt at that price. Ive not found another game since that scratches that skill-based/coop fps itch.

I’m pretty sure it’s an old style key where you can use it over and over as long as the key isn’t online at the same time, if my memory serves me correctly :)

Back
Top Bottom