Is anyone still playing Battlefield 2?

Soldato
Loved Vietnam, BF2 and Mohaa, they are the best 3 games ever, i think the problem with the BF franchise it got too serious with its team play. I like games that i can just pick up, play and put down. I think all of the above games should be remade so we can relive the old days of fun fps's.

Soldato
OP
Damn I spent days and days playing BF2. Was a game changer when it came out. I was a massive fan of BF3 as well. For me they lost their way from then. BF2/3 was the pinnacle.

Personally I think BF2 was the pinnacle, and BF3 was the turning point into a console high-paced COD-clone FPS :(

The change to consoles just killed the original core of the game with Squads and Commanders and massive maps. Bad Company 2 was better than BF3 in terms of weapon control and movement and maps, but just those first few years playing Mashtuur City and other rarely seen maps now, full servers, everyone playing as squads. Height of gaming for me!

Associate
Is there any way of obtaining a key now, surely there must be a site that lets you buy and sell old keys? Id love to get back into this game again and its a crime with so many options for games now a classic like this is inaccessible.

Soldato
OP
Is there any way of obtaining a key now, surely there must be a site that lets you buy and sell old keys? Id love to get back into this game again and its a crime with so many options for games now a classic like this is inaccessible.

I think the only way is less than legal means i'm pretty sure :(

There are a few copies on eBay for under a quid which look like they come with the booklet which had the CD-KEY on the back though!

Associate
So jealous of you guys firing this up again. By far my favourite game of all time. Me and my mates would play literally every day after school. I think I put nearly 700 hours in to it. Haven’t put even a 1/10 of that time in to any other game.

I enjoyed BF3 as well, but BF2 was the peak. So many legendary maps.

Soldato
I loved this game, but only really Strike at Karkand and Shraqi Peninsula. I had what was probably my greatest gaming round ever on Shraqi Pen, 63-1 with a 55 kill streak. Granted, I spent a lot of the round in a tank, but I was getting out and doing revives and such.

Just realised I have this attached to my Origin account already... got it downloading now!

Associate
I think the only way is less than legal means i'm pretty sure :(

There are a few copies on eBay for under a quid which look like they come with the booklet which had the CD-KEY on the back though!

Thanks Mega I was thinking this but unsure if a used key would work, guess its worth a punt at that price. Ive not found another game since that scratches that skill-based/coop fps itch.

Back
Top Bottom