Is it a control thing?

Soldato
So I open blinds in the living room fully. Other half goes around pulling blinds 1/3 way down muttering 'this is why the old TV broke because of the sun on the back of it'. Blinds pulled 1/3 way down still leaves back of TV exposed to direct sunlight. I say 'you had better close the blinds behind the TV fully then' to which other half replies 'F-Off, stop being clever'.

Is this a control thing so OH has blinds the way they want them rather than the way I want them? Why does OH feel the need to go around re-adjusting them? What's in it for them to have blinds pulled down 1/3?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm not usually very good at reading these situations and tend to just roll over and get on with it.

Soldato
OP
Its a blind, chill :)

LOL I do understand that and it seems ridiculous, but the same type of behaviour plays out in other places too e.g., I mentioned I might join a local harriers (Tuesday and Thursday nights) to which OH responded 'I'll never see you so we might as well not be together'

OH also always uses the questioning the relationship card whenever there's something they don't like being proposed or when I respond/defend myself in a confrontational situation.

Soldato
I’m just gonna say.......women, don’t try and figure them out, assuming your OH is a woman. though you’ve been very careful not to mention ‘she’ so maybe not. so if not, then it’s just your OH trying to act the alpha by being a bitch :p

Associate
LOL I do understand that and it seems ridiculous, but the same type of behaviour plays out in other places too e.g., I mentioned I might join a local harriers (Tuesday and Thursday nights) to which OH responded 'I'll never see you so we might as well not be together'

OH also always uses the questioning the relationship card whenever there's something they don't like being proposed or when I respond/defend myself in a confrontational situation.
Turn this back on her... If you loved me, you'd come too

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm currently in the middle of a situation, The wife and my sister is going to a concert today. I've heard half of the conversation arranging a meet up and how I'm going to give them a lift their and back, I've not being involved in the conversation and eventually the wife informs me I'm the designated driver. I point out that I hate people arranging my life and that she has assumed I would be happy to take her.

Back to the blind thing, my wife does the same and go back round and open the blinds to wind her up.

Soldato
To be honest if some lass is threatening to break up because you want to join an evening club then that says a lot about the relationship. One I would probably call a day with.

Caporegime

She sounds like a bit of a control freak, in another 10 years you probably won't be allowed to leave the house and will have a 500 page list of things you can and can't do.

Back
Top Bottom