Is it a control thing?

Caporegime
Your partner is a bit odd tbh... why not join the club you want to join anyway and just call her bluff. If she wants to leave you over something like that then hopefully you've had a lucky escape before kids etc.. are involved.

Soldato
sounds like controlling and coercive behaviour. just those two examples you gave ring alarm bells and if they are not isolated examples sound like very unhealthy behaviour!

Man of Honour
I always tried to acquiesce to my partner's demands like this. It kept the peace. But now I realise it's the wrong thing to do. The curtains is a petty thing and I'd just ignore it. But stand your ground on the club. Join it and live your own life. Hopefully she will share that life. But if she doesn't then the relationship would have exploded years down the line anyway and you'd just have no life of your own.

Caporegime
What's a harrier? Other than a jet obviously.

Your wife sounds unreasonable from what you've posted but with no other insight in to your relationship we can't really judge.

There's always two sides to every story.

Soldato
My mate has just split up from a relationship like this where his partner used to say what he can and can't do and whether he was allowed to go out or not and used to kick off if he was out too long etc. Everyone knew for years that he should have got out of the relationship but he didn't see it until the end.

Soldato
I think she's right. A TV, which is most likely black, is going to be absorbing quite a lot of energy, and extra heat is not good for electronics.

Permabanned
Other Half ??? how very plebian, is the protagonist male or female ?

Is the OP deliberate in omitting the quite important details re the sex of the dramatis personae ?
Such details would give us an indication of the dynamics within the household and make an assessment
of which one deserves a leg smack much easier.

Soldato
Haha caught red handed. I was trying to be gender neutral!

Why? Presumably, you're SO is either male or female, and thus saying "he" or "she" is factually correct. Surely you're not worried about some kind of assumed offence strangers on the internet will take if you gender your partner correctly?

Your partner just likes to complain and keep you under control by threatening to end the relationship everytime you stray out of her control. She's got issues. Your issue is her.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What's a harrier? Other than a jet obviously.

Your wife sounds unreasonable from what you've posted but with no other insight in to your relationship we can't really judge.

There's always two sides to every story.
Running clubs are usually called something Harriers so I'm going to running/athletics club.

Soldato
Why? Presumably, you're SO is either male or female, and thus saying "he" or "she" is factually correct. Surely you're not worried about some kind of assumed offence strangers on the internet will take if you gender your partner correctly?

You're partner just likes to complain and keep you under control by threatening to end the relationship everytime you stray out of her control. She's got issues. Your issue is her.
You’re assuming the OP’s other half identifies as either male or female. They might be an it. Or a thing.

Associate
Is this her?
872.jpg

Back
Top Bottom