Is the Index worth the wait?

Associate
I ordered it on the 10th April and it's still saying ships after 8 weeks.
Hope it starts moving soon as I just sold my O+ today.
Looking at the availability thread orders from the 4th + 5th seem to have been completed so you shouldnt be far off
I ordered it on the 9th March 5pm and nothing has changed since then :(

You been checking your emails to see if they sent a payment email ?

Associate
Looking at the availability thread orders from the 4th + 5th seem to have been completed so you shouldnt be far off

You been checking your emails to see if they sent a payment email ?
My full kit order and controller order came in this week, but I'm holding out for headset/controller combination which I hope will be this week.

Associate
Got a payment email today but i think the hp g2 would be a better option for my sim games.
If you are only using it for Sims and have the rig to power it then probably as it's better for reading gauges etc, but if you will use it for other games also then the index will be a better overall package.

Associate
Finally got my payment email

:/ Having a problem completing the purchase though, on the valve index subreddit they advise you to contact steam support and request that your account is cleared so you can complete the purchase using steam credit. I already did this and they said I was good to go.

Now I have a few days for steam support to reply and resolve the issue before I lose my spot after waiting 3+ months.

Associate
I've got my payment email too.

Confirming it was difficult though, as the link in the email timed out. Eventually managed to do it via the Steam app, though finding the correct bit was convoluted.

Associate
Out of interest, when did you order?

I ordered 3 months ago and wondering how much longer I have to wait.
Ordered mine on the 29th april

Got the payment email on the 27th, they didn't take payment till the 29th after they messed up clearing my account to use steam credit. It then spent a week at shipping soon and they have finally dispatched it this evening \o/

It seems like some people from may have been getting payment emails looking at the reddit availability thread.

Associate
I've got my payment email too.

Confirming it was difficult though, as the link in the email timed out. Eventually managed to do it via the Steam app, though finding the correct bit was convoluted.

Just to update, this was delivered this morning, very quickly after confirming the order.

It's in quarantine on my stairwell for a couple of days, but then I'll need some advice on how to set it up - particularly as to how to get Elite Dangerous running satisfactorily with my 1080ti as the new headset will be pushing lots of pixels around.

Though once the 3080ti (or whatever it's called) launches I'll be getting more advice on building a new system to support VR and replace the ancient the system that I've got at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom