Is the LG C4 42” the best option for a 4K OLED monitor ?

Love my C3 42. Always thought it would be too big, but you adjust. 120hz works for me, but great if they are now pushing it higher. As soon as I upgraded my console screen to OLED with an S95B I could never go back, biggest upgrade for me in over a decade. It’s just so immersive.

Last edited:
It's the best size for a monitor as you can comfortably use 4k without having to resort to scaling. They're also extremely immersive and if you also got your TV connected to your PC you can seamlessly switch between the two as both run at the same resolution and aspect ratio.

If you want a worry free option the Samsung 43" qn90 mini-leds are also fantastic.

I am returning the LG 32" oled, the matte coating smears everything and ruins clarity. I didn't realise to what extent till I plugged my C2 back in :(
I'll lose 10% probably for the admin fee they charge for returns, but deffo better than keeping a substandard monitor.

Makes me wonder if any of the computer lines will be good now.. I'll probably get a C5 42" next year when they launch, for now the trusty C2 will do :D

I am returning the LG 32" oled, the matte coating smears everything and ruins clarity. I didn't realise to what extent till I plugged my C2 back in :(
I'll lose 10% probably for the admin fee they charge for returns, but deffo better than keeping a substandard monitor.

Makes me wonder if any of the computer lines will be good now.. I'll probably get a C5 42" next year when they launch, for now the trusty C2 will do :D
Yeah seems like a good plan right there!
I could neither go with a matt coating. Love the chrystal clarity on my CX!

I have the ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG42UQ and even though it has a semi matte screen finish, I find no issue with regards to degraded visuals. I was worried before buying it for this reason as I used to have a C2 but the coating is a non issue. However, I do have a dimly lit room with my lights on the floor rather that the walls or ceilings so it maybe an issue for some. I do love a glossy screen though and would probably go C4/C5 next purchase.

I was going to purchase one of the many 32" next gen OLED/QLED, but not sure if I can go back to 32" due to the lack of immersion and also the price. 42" is big, but it sucks you into the game like no other display can achieve.

Last edited:
Yeah @Black Dog besides the issues I outlined, the immersion of a 32" for 4K is completely off, if you like single player / large environment type games the 42" formfactor is much better.
I am hoping the MLA tech makes its way down to the C5 next year, or the launch a G series at 42"
Agreed, I always play single player games like The Witcher/Skyrim etc and nothing compares.

Same here, seems to have a very good finish for matte and not as heavy as some (the 39/45in UW models suffer from a heavier matte finish apparently and spoils the visuals in HDR etc).
I was worried before buying this monitor as I do prefer glossy. However, the light anti-matte is just fine. Can't see any difference over the C2 apart from the reflections from the C2.

Back
Top Bottom