• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the NVidia RTX performance even worse than previously reported?

Soldato
Looks like they are purposely showing slow moving scenes to hide poor FPS. Also look how much motion blur there is lol.

It's just not worth the performance hit. Everyone prioritises FPS over visuals because playing with low FPS is awful, no matter how pretty something looks.

Last edited:
Associate
So essentially they are selling a card based on features that even their die hards will disable but still purchase enmasse, that right there is brand power!

bru

bru

Soldato
So essentially they are selling a card based on features that even their die hards will disable but still purchase enmasse, that right there is brand power!

Or it could just be that it will be the fastest gaming card available from anywhere.;)

Caporegime
It is good being old and you kids have no idea what you missed out on :D I remember playing games like Jet Set Willy at summit like 3 fps :D Micropose Formula one at 4 fps (and then getting 8fps when upgrading to an Amiga A1200). I will happily play at lowered resolution if it looks fantastic and that is the bonus of G-Sync.

Soldato
If the founders edition needs such a beefy VRM can we assume that these cards are going to be very power hungry?

Also the founders edition cards are overclocked with these new cards but I don't think the power consumption will be anything massive over the Pascal cards.

Soldato
I swear time has slowed down since it hit 1pm. We need to get some scientists to investigate this strange phenomenon pronto!

I'm quite out of sorts as it is today and a slow day is already dragging. If it goes any slower time will start to reverse on me...although that could be a blessing if I go back far enough :D

Associate
OP
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/nvi...nley-calls-new-gaming-card-disappointing.html

Nvidia shares fall after Morgan Stanley says the performance of its new gaming card is disappointing
  • Morgan Stanley says the gaming performance of Nvidia’s latest graphics card is below its expectations.
  • “As review embargos broke for the new gaming products, performance improvements in older games is not the leap we had initially hoped for,” analyst Joseph Moore says.

Soldato
My inbox has quite a few 2080's now in stock now emails......

2080 performance in the here and now is distinctly meh especially for the price.

Still a suggestion that AIB's (if not Nvidia, because they forced the AIB's to take large shipments of 10 series card as a condition for receiving stock of 20 series) have large stock inventories of 10 series cards to clear.

The 2080 and worse still the 2070 are currently looking to be pretty pointless cards... Unable to outperform potentially cheaper pascal cards... Entirely sold on the potential take up of features by third parties going forward that's far from guaranteed and will take some time in any case to happen.. ...

Once the early adopters phase has past can't see 20x0 cards (non ti) selling that well... At least until we get a better idea as to whether RTX and dlss are worthy features on these cards.

Would not be surprised to see a fairly early price cut.....

Back
Top Bottom