ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
Well ISIS are very much Islamic, they are ruled by an Islamic Cleric, who has a PhD in Islamic Studies, from an Islamic University. Their members are all of the Islamic faith who base their entire lives around Islam and run a state under Islamic law. It's probably the purest form of Islam going.

Funniest (dumest) post i have read today :D

Last edited:
Soldato
What a great story and this wounded soldiers attitude should be a lesson to a lot of people in this thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35054442

[IMiG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/Freakbrox5/_87122364_chrisfb_zpsr0obstlz.jpg[/IMG]

That pictured is cropped there's more text underneath http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/08/read-this-facebook-post-by-a-young-wounded-war-vet-to-get-some-real-perspective-on-islamophobia-5553287/

Contrary to that,
A white brit spat in my girlfriends face for '****ing a cripple when you could have me [him]'
A White brit pushed my wheelchair away from a lift so he could use it first.
A White brit screamed at my Dad for parking in a disabled bay when I was in the services coming home
(Although, a lot of people helped in my recovery! I dont hate white brits either! hahaha)

Point is, **** off. I know who I dislike, and I know who I dont. I know who I appreciate, and I know who I dont. If you want to hate an entire race of men and women for the actions of a few dickheads feel free, but don't push your views on me, thinking I am an easy target because one douchebag decided it was my day to die.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of groups like Daeshe and the Taliban, is like blaming all Christians for the actions of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church.
Get a grip of your lives, hug your family and get back to work.

Caporegime
Looks like ISIS has even got cartels after them for destroying drug shipments in the middle-east.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/10/el-chapo-tells-isis-his-men-will-destroy-them/
The world’s most wanted drug lord has declared war on the Islamic State, promising the terror group’s leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, that his narcotics cartel will wipe them off the planet.

“My men will destroy you,”’ El Chapo huffs to the ISIS leader in an encrypted email that was leaked to a cartel-linked blogger in Mexico.

Caporegime
We need to promote Western values of pluralistic governance where there once was theocratic intolerance. Reformation in con-junction with a strategy of containment, through military action and financial directives designed to render ISIS bankrupt. This multi pronged approach seems to me our path to defeating them.

But it begins from the outside in and it will take time. Generations. The Christian reformation taught us that this achievable.

My 2 cents. Mostly paraphrased from Sam Harris.

Agreed. However the problem with that is much of the backlash from the middle east is caused by some being against the promotion of western values. While most middle easterners are quite happy (see western clothing, western working, food, lifestyle) the extremists aren't (see ban on music, dress and various other western influences - both ISIS and the Taliban).

Caporegime
Syrian opposition meeting in Saudi Arabia, backed by the saudis who say that Assad is a minority and only reform and removal of assad is tolerable.

however..Saudi are also ruled by a nom democratically elected leader. Promoting religious, sex discrimination and are basically far worse and more extreme than Assad.

Religious freedom[edit]
Religious freedom is an important issue for the center. It is forbidden to practice any other religion in The Kingdom other than Wahhabism, which is the state-sanctioned interpretation of Islam. Representative of an estimated one percent of Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Wahhabism is considered by most to be and extremist sect of Islam that openly sponsors terrorism and the persecution of other religions. While modest efforts have been made by the Saudi government to modernize their strict adherence to Wahhabism and to try to separate themselves from the negative aspects of this brand of Islam(2008 Interfaith Conference. Madrid, Spain), CDHR believes that “unless the international community takes concrete measures to discourage the Saudi institutions from promoting religious hatred in Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arab world, the consequences could be catastrophic.”[14]

[Women's rights[edit]
Women in Saudi Arabia are less represented in political, social, economic and scientific fields than women in any other Arab or Muslim country. Women were barred from participating in the only municipal elections in the history of the Saudi State in 2005. They are prohibited from studying certain subjects in schools, such as chemistry and biology. They may not legally drive and must obtain “permission” from a male “guardian” to travel within or outside the country.[15][16] Women must ride in the back of public buses, even when the buses are empty. Saudi girls are not allowed to play sports in schools, which, by Saudi health official admission, is causing health problems and staggering expenses.

All marriages are arranged by male relatives. If a Saudi woman divorces her husband, she loses custody of her children over age six. Women have little or no freedom to prosecute sexual abuse cases, being required to produce four witnesses. In court, a woman’s testimony is equivalent to half that of a man’s. These conditions violate women’s human rights and have devastating personal and social effects.

Who the hell is saudi Arabia to.tell any country how to reform or make demands of any government.

the rebels are on the run anyway, their hand is weaked. I'd rather the saudi reform before Syria...

Last edited:
Soldato
Thousands. Just lol. OK herfderp, I despair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War#Iraq_Body_Count

The numbers vary widely, but all are in the thousands, with some claiming hundreds of thousands. Pick your source.

You despair because you have been proven wrong over and over, and rather than go back and do some reading, you doubled down in your incorrectness. First you didn't read the BBC link and misquoted what you assumed it said, and were shown to be wrong, now you are denying that thousands have been killed, as well as scoffing at former Air Force airmen who have come forward to say what is happening in an incredibly disrespectful and dismissive way. You are a disgrace to the idea of discussion and it is all too easy to show you how you are wrong every step of the way. You try and dismiss it as point scoring but the reality is, even if it was, it says a lot that i'm the only one with points and you have zero, the same amount of credibility you have in this discussion. Nothing.

Caporegime
Well ISIS are very much Islamic, they are ruled by an Islamic Cleric, who has a PhD in Islamic Studies, from an Islamic University. Their members are all of the Islamic faith who base their entire lives around Islam and run a state under Islamic law. It's probably the purest form of Islam going.

Wait, replace Islam with cunning..

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I don't know when anyone can say it's the religion of peace when thier holy book has chapters such as:-

If you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength...

I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted...

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

I mean, if you're raised in a society based on those teachings, it's going to influence your thinking in some way isn't it? No wonder they are all predisposed to violence and prejudice.

Caporegime
I don't know when anyone can say it's the religion of peace when thier holy book has chapters such as:-

I mean, if you're raised in a society based on those teachings, it's going to influence your thinking in some way isn't it? No wonder they are all predisposed to violence and prejudice.

HHHHnnnnhhhhgggghhhhhgggghhhhhhh etc.

There are people who interpret books in their own way, and choose to live by certain passages or don't. There are terms for this: extremist and moderate.

Eg the Bible and the Old Testament. Reformation is the key, the book at the heart of it is largely irrelevant.

Soldato
HHHHnnnnhhhhgggghhhhhgggghhhhhhh etc.

There are people who interpret books in their own way, and choose to live by certain passages or don't. There are terms for this: extremist and moderate.

Eg the Bible and the Old Testament. Reformation is the key, the book at the heart of it is largely irrelevant.

This train of thought is daft.

There is no need for peaceful religion (any) to even discuss chopping limbs off, stoning women, whippings, crucifixions, torture and wars against non believers.

They are all highly effective army amassing tools of war that prey on the weak minded and impressionable. All the Angel had to do was come down and tell everyone to be nice and work together, none of the other banal tedious guff that rambles on for thousands of pages.

I interpreted that to go and plant Daffodils for spring.... What did you see?

What if the religions are a test from God, that even when apparently told to murder and rape by his magic book you are still strong enough not to so you truly are worthy of going to heaven? Do these idiots not even contemplate that?

Last edited:
Soldato

Doesn't seem all that much different to what you might find in the bible ...

"I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes; and they will know that I am the LORD when I lay My vengeance on them."'

Soldato
Yes damn the Crusaders for setting up prosperous, stable, multi-cultural, tolerant states in the Middle-East :rolleyes:

Is ti not stupid to be fighting wars over the same holy ground when we've all spoke to the same Angel who funnily enough is no where to be seen?

You couldn't make it up..... Oh wait, someone already has.

Back
Top Bottom