ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Man of Honour
Something downed in North Cyprus supposedly by Syrian fired S-200 - unclear at the moment what happened and whether it hit something or just the expended missile but seems Israel was hitting Syrian targets hard tonight.

I'm guessing this is one of the reasons the Russians are keeping the S-400, etc. under their control in Syria with the sheer range these systems could acquire the wrong target at if not used properly.

EDIT: Current thinking seems to be it is a Syrian long range anti-air missile that was jammed and carried on until it crashed to ground.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing this is one of the reasons the Russians are keeping the S-400, etc. under their control in Syria with the sheer range these systems could acquire the wrong target at if not used properly.
It's a good idea TBH, it's not that long ago that Ukraine accidentally shot down a passenger jet with an older Soviet SAM, and the S-400 has much longer range still.

Well those subhuman scumbags have got exactly the sentence they deserve. Hopefully it gets carried out quickly, and preferably painfully. Then just toss em in a ditch and forget out the *****!
You're assuming OFC that they actually did it and they're not just three randoms rounded up by their government in order to court favour with the west. We are talking about the justice system of an African country here remember things like due process, fair trials/etc aren't exactly standard practice.

Caporegime
Well those subhuman scumbags have got exactly the sentence they deserve. Hopefully it gets carried out quickly, and preferably painfully. Then just toss em in a ditch and forget out the *****!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-49029505

Should slit their throats, 1 at a time and laugh as they bleed to death in front of each other, trying to scream allahu ackbar.

Caporegime
It's a good idea TBH, it's not that long ago that Ukraine accidentally shot down a passenger jet with an older Soviet SAM, and the S-400 has much longer range still.

You're assuming OFC that they actually did it and they're not just three randoms rounded up by their government in order to court favour with the west. We are talking about the justice system of an African country here remember things like due process, fair trials/etc aren't exactly standard practice.
You can believe that if you want, but I’m satisfied that their guilt is beyond doubt. They stood up in court and admitted it. Why would you do that if you’re innocent, but you know the death penalty awaits if you’re found guilty?

Soldato
Why would you do that if you’re innocent, but you know the death penalty awaits if you’re found guilty?
Historically speaking to protect your family/loved ones. The usual way when the police in that region desperately need to solve a crime is to round somebody up and explain to them what's going to happen to their wife/children if they don't confess to it.

I'm not saying they're innocent, just that given where "trial" took place we'll never know for sure as the whole process is about as reliable as a North Korean election.

Caporegime
Historically speaking to protect your family/loved ones. The usual way when the police in that region desperately need to solve a crime is to round somebody up and explain to them what's going to happen to their wife/children if they don't confess to it.

I'm not saying they're innocent, just that given where "trial" took place we'll never know for sure as the whole process is about as reliable as a North Korean election.
You can say that about any trial in any country though mate. Even in the UK, we have to accept the verdict if the jury says guilty. There’s no real alternative, so I make my peace with the notion that if a jury finds guilty, they’re guilty, and deserve the punishment meted out to them. But in my heart, I know these animals are totally guilty.

Soldato
No, SA1812.
Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 was a commercial flight shot down by the Ukrainian Air Force over the Black Sea on 4 October 2001, en route from Tel Aviv, Israel to Novosibirsk, Russia.

Yup indeed, threads like this are a reminder that there are some people on here who are a bit making assumptions can often lead to looking silly
Fixed that for you ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I see the ISIS 'Beatles', or what remains of them are in US custody.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49995909

This made me laugh:
The New York Times reports the US is planning to take Elsheikh and Kotey to Virginia - one of the few states that still carries out the death penalty - where they will be put on trial.

However, shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry said they should "come home to face justice"

Firstly, home? This isn't their home given they've been stripped of citizenship (rightly so).

Secondly what sort of "justice" would they get in this country? Certainly not the kind of justice they deserve.

Associate
Quite glad the Americans are taking them back to be dealt with just because it will be a lot worse for them.

More concerned with what will happen with the remaining ISIS prisoners if the Turks take over the prisons/area. Will we see an up rising of ISIS again.

Soldato
Quite glad the Americans are taking them back to be dealt with just because it will be a lot worse for them.

More concerned with what will happen with the remaining ISIS prisoners if the Turks take over the prisons/area. Will we see an up rising of ISIS again.

The terrorist dictator, Erdoğan, will probably free them, give them money and weapons and set them lose on the Kurds.

Back
Top Bottom