ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Permabanned
I saw your point. I hear you loud and clear. Great to see you're now having to resort to calling me stupid and dim now too. Bless :) just stick to regurgitating the propaganda, my little spam bot.

Clearly you didn't. You are banging on about the people who published the leaked report rather than the report itself.

How is that relevant? I'm talking about the report, not the people who published the leaked report. How is linking to a genuine report 'regurgitating propaganda'?

Soldato
It would be good if you were associated somehow, that would make for a more interesting discussion. However, I suspect you're just another WOKE individual, bent on reposting their cack (not that interesting).

What's most strange to me is the way you seem to align critics of our actions in Syria with being "woke". Do I come across as a "woke" type individual? Does Sooty? It's bizarre that you seem to think this is the faction (for want of a better term) that you're opposing in this conversation. Most of the populist Right (which I somewhat fall into) are pretty isolationist and just want us out of the quagmire of the Middle East. But you come across as if you think the people you're criticising are the hyper-woke, can't criticise Islam, pride-in-your-nation-is-racism crowd. Can't speak for Sooty but it's weird if that's how you see it.

Man of Honour
What's most strange to me is the way you seem to align critics of our actions in Syria with being "woke". Do I come across as a "woke" type individual? Does Sooty? It's bizarre that you seem to think this is the faction (for want of a better term) that you're opposing in this conversation. Most of the populist Right (which I somewhat fall into) are pretty isolationist and just want us out of the quagmire of the Middle East. But you come across as if you think the people you're criticising are the hyper-woke, can't criticise Islam, pride-in-your-nation-is-racism crowd. Can't speak for Sooty but it's weird if that's how you see it.

One criticism I would have is that you, Amnesia and EvilSooty (who both seem to post oddly close information in a very similar manner weirdly and employ a similar style of sniping) is that you don't apply the same level of discernment to what is clearly propaganda from other non pro-west sources, a major one being pro-Russian, when they say what you want to see. It is often an affliction of "woke" individuals.

Permabanned

I just think he's a wind-up merchant. He rarely makes any arguments of substance and when he tries to they are very weak with him retreating into the nonsense we see now when asked a simple question.

Permabanned
One criticism I would have is that you, Amnesia and EvilSooty (who both seem to post oddly close information in a very similar manner weirdly and employ a similar style of sniping) is that you don't apply the same level of discernment to what is clearly propaganda from other non pro-west sources, a major one being pro-Russian, when they say what you want to see. It is often an affliction of "woke" individuals.

Any examples of this pro-Russian 'propaganda' you speak of? Most of the stuff I have posted actually comes from primary sources (the leaked OPCW report, the declassified US intelligence report showing that the Syrian opposition was jihadi from the outset) or are matters of fact such as the WHs being British-founded and funded.

Oh, and I think you are the same person as RoboCod. I have no evidence of that of course, but I'll just throw it out there...

Soldato
OP
The ocpw report he keeps harping on about discusses the use of chlorine over sarin, in what appears to be one example in this case. It's hardly ground breaking and it doesn't scratch the surface on all the heinous stuff assad did. Then we have the constant reiteration about the white helmets being funded by alleged underhand means. Other than that, the spam bot isn't really bringing much else to the conversation, it's simply an agenda push and, hilariously, he seems to think his opinion is more important than it actually is.

The issue I have is that the likes of yourselves, you are detracting from the fact that assad has caused many atrocities, but you choose to dilute that fact with misinformation and a pro assad push of tripe they've garnered third hand from sites that hold a clear agenda (check the about us section... "we don't have an agenda, honest"). What the site linked is doing is taking the ocpw report, and interpreting it in a way that suits their bias. All along, rejecting anything else that does not suit. It's classic social media propaganda churn.

The woke remarks refer to the fact that the likes of EvilSooty are reposting this like they've had a sudden revelation. Like this is sudden, compelling news and that because they've decided that the BBC hasn't reported on it, there must be foul play and a cover-up on the cards. The lack of critical thinking is apparent. The monotonous roundabout of tripe is tedious. Like I said, I've been engaging in this monotony for years now, so forgive me that I choose to rather just point, laugh, and generally refuse to waste my time entertaining anything more with the propaganda sheep.

Man of Honour
Oh, and I think you are the same person as RoboCod. I have no evidence of that of course, but I'll just throw it out there...

Clearly not the case - Robo is an Amiga fan I was into Acorn/RISC OS.

Any examples of this pro-Russian 'propaganda' you speak of? Most of the stuff I have posted actually comes from primary sources (the leaked OPCW report, the declassified US intelligence report showing that the Syrian opposition was jihadi from the outset) or are matters of fact such as the WHs being British-founded and funded.

One example is the use of English language on the White Helmets uniforms - it was pro-Russian sources that were pushing the fact it was in English had any particular significance on its own and the same pro-Russian sources that were publishing pictures of the uniforms from angles that hid that they had any other languages and/or some uniforms found in Syria that had any other language removed from them at some point - impossible to know at what point but likely wasn't by accident.

Permabanned
One example is the use of English language on the White Helmets uniforms - it was pro-Russian sources that were pushing the fact it was in English had any particular significance on its own and the same pro-Russian sources that were publishing pictures of the uniforms from angles that hid that they had any other languages and/or some uniforms found in Syria that had any other language removed from them at some point - impossible to know at what point but likely wasn't by accident.

Are these the same White Helmets you agree by implication staged Douma to trigger Western military action? Who were clearly acting for the benefit of Western audiences? Those White Helmets? Turns out the Russians were right then, no?

Here's their Twitter account by the way featuring videos of their 'rescuers' with 'White Helmets' in English far more prominent than any other language.

https://twitter.com/SyriaCivilDef

Not that this matters. They have been discredited so I don't get why you keep going on about this.

Any other examples of this 'pro-Russian propaganda'? That one isn't a great example.

Soldato
OP
You do realise the Russian backed campaign to discredit the white helmets has been an ongoing social media campaign since 2015? You're out of touch and quite behind with your conspiracy theory push.

Permabanned
The ocpw report he keeps harping on about discusses the use of chlorine over sarin, in what appears to be one example in this case. It's hardly ground breaking and it doesn't scratch the surface on all the heinous stuff assad did. Then we have the constant reiteration about the white helmets being funded by alleged underhand means. Other than that, the spam bot isn't really bringing much else to the conversation, it's simply an agenda push and, hilariously, he seems to think his opinion is more important than it actually is.

The issue I have is that the likes of yourselves, you are detracting from the fact that assad has caused many atrocities, but you choose to dilute that fact with misinformation and a pro assad push of tripe they've garnered third hand from sites that hold a clear agenda (check the about us section... "we don't have an agenda, honest"). What the site linked is doing is taking the ocpw report, and interpreting it in a way that suits their bias. All along, rejecting anything else that does not suit. It's classic social media propaganda churn.

The woke remarks refer to the fact that the likes of EvilSooty are reposting this like they've had a sudden revelation. Like this is sudden, compelling news and that because they've decided that the BBC hasn't reported on it, there must be foul play and a cover-up on the cards. The lack of critical thinking is apparent. The monotonous roundabout of tripe is tedious. Like I said, I've been engaging in this monotony for years now, so forgive me that I choose to rather just point, laugh, and generally refuse to waste my time entertaining anything more with the propaganda sheep.

The leaked engineering report from the OPCW, not OCPW, is important as it completely contradicts the official report in a way that can't be reconciled. I doubt you have read either, but I'll sum it up for you.

Official report: chlorine gas cylinders alleged to have released the chlorine in the Douma attack that killed 40 or so people appeared consistent with having been dropped from the air.

Implication? As the jihadi rebels didn't have an airforce it was the Syrian Army that dropped it.

Leaked report (that was not made public): gas cylinders do not appear to have been dropped from the air and the only plausible explanation was that they were manually placed there.

Implication? The people in control of the area at the time placed them, i.e. the jihadi rebels, to stage an attack. Why? Well, gee, possibly to trigger Western military strikes?

What other way is there of interpreting the leaked report?

A lot of the evidence for the alleged attack came from the White Helmets hence why they are discredited.

Again, you keep going on about the people who leaked the report as if it that is in anyway relevant. The report is genuine and damning - it speaks for itself as a primary source.

Soldato
OP
The leaked engineering report from the OPCW, not OCPW, is important as it completely contradicts the official report in a way that can't be reconciled. I doubt you have read either, but I'll sum it up for you.

Official report: chlorine gas cylinders alleged to have released the chlorine in the Douma attack that killed 40 or so people appeared consistent with having been dropped from the air.

Implication? As the jihadi rebels didn't have an airforce it was the Syrian Army that dropped it.

Leaked report (that was not made public): gas cylinders do not appear to have been dropped from the air and the only plausible explanation was that they were manually placed there.

Implication? The people in control of the area at the time placed them, i.e. the jihadi rebels, to stage an attack. Why? Well, gee, possibly to trigger Western military strikes?

What other way is there of interpreting the leaked report?

A lot of the evidence for the alleged attack came from the White Helmets hence why they are discredited.

Again, you keep going on about the people who leaked the report as if it that is in anyway relevant. The report is genuine and damning - it speaks for itself as a primary source.
It's important to know who is disseminating this alleged report and what their backgrounds are. Then we can come to some conclusions as to the credibility of the views that they are then forming from said "report". You're just sucked into the whirlwind of misinformation. You yearn to have found something others haven't. I'm afraid to tell you that you simply lack critical thought and you've been caught up in a propaganda machine that started once Russian military intervention began in Syria. (I can't assume you're part of that machine, that would be too generous of me).

Back
Top Bottom