*** It Has Officially Launched! ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
the price put it out of the reach of majority of the population.
Like the La Ferrari..yeah?

I would confidently say that the case being sold with all the custom pass through plates and reservoirs would shift in no time, thus allowing someone to build their own baby version of the system within budget but keeping the looks on point
You wouldn't be so confident if you knew how much of the cost comes from the case and acrylic work.

Associate
looks lovely, would like to see a version with a high end capture card instead of the 3rd titan in the x99 build. Would make for a near perfect streaming system... though I'd need to win the lottery first :p

Associate
Like the La Ferrari..yeah?

You wouldn't be so confident if you knew how much of the cost comes from the case and acrylic work.

I understand the reason why its so expensive. and the time taken. the components alone before u add water cooling come to around £11K but you could still have a dual system that will last 4+years and spend only around 6k on parts. Take out the cost binned processor, assembly and overclocking that's another 1k saved.

price of the acrylic is a case of supply and demand so more that sell will in turn reduce cost so even if another 1k is saved here. that's taking 7k off the price tag.

Maybe an OrionJr (Jr for Junior) being produced with cost in mind trying to aim closer to a £15-16k price tag .

Overall the system is unreal credit goes to all those involved in the development of it.

OcUK Staff
^^Actually if its working in two its working in three in my testing, four is not scaling though.

Four can be used for rendering, modeling and other such highly demanding GPU based tasks.

We have some customers who own two Supernova so this kind of thing is not out of everyone's price range and for sure its a very desirable system.

Soldato
Also further to that things such as Solidworks really need a proper Quadro card for rendering The difference between the GTX range and the Quadro is significant in certain situations. Rendering is the largest one.

Modelling surprisingly whilst actually doing the work is not.

Edit: This is why peolpe are on about 2-way SLI only I think.

At the launch of the GTX 1080, NVIDIA told the press that it will officially not support 3-way and 4-way SLI for GeForce "Pascal" GPUs, however, it will provide a recourse for enthusiasts, by setting up an "SLI enthusiast key" webpage, from which enthusiasts can obtain a software key that unlocks 3-way and 4-way SLI support using classic bridges. NVIDIA would have merely optimized its drivers up to 2-way SLI, and the odd lucky gamer would be able to take advantage of 3-4 GPUs if a game developer got generous. That's no more to be.

However this happened

NVIDIA has reportedly removed the entire "software key" process of unlocking 3-way and 4-way SLI support. You should be able to enable SLI for 3-4 GPUs, but only a list of apps selected by NVIDIA will be able to take advantage of >2 GPUs from your setup, for now. These include popular 3D benchmarks such as Unigine Heaven, 3DMark FireStrike, and Catzilla. NVIDIA may expand this list with future driver updates.

So it appears that it might just be lucky that anything happens after 2-way or it's just an Nvidia disclaimer incase it doesn't work without official testing?

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
I don't get it. What's the point of 2 PCs?

Two gaming PCs in one. One for you, one for the other half.

Alternatively, one for rendering and a second for work/web/gaming.

We sell quite a few of our top 8Pack systems to professionals and being able to continue working, unhindered, whilst their project is rendering/modelling etc is very useful.

Soldato
The depressing thing is even the 2nd "sub" PC components on its own without all that stunning custom work and cooling is currently WAY out of my price range...

That truly is a masterpiece, impressive bit of kit! HUGELY overkill for anything i would ever need it for, but dosnt make me want it any less.

Soldato
If I had £10K I'd be able to do a build that was an equal in aesthetics (probably better, subject to personal taste) albeit minus x2 of the Titans which, let's face it, are largely pointless. If you're rendering etc. you'd get a Quadro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom