*** It Has Officially Launched! ***

Soldato
If I had £10K I'd be able to do a build that was an equal in aesthetics (probably better, subject to personal taste) albeit minus x2 of the Titans which, let's face it, are largely pointless. If you're rendering etc. you'd get a Quadro.
yeah but you wouldnt be able to bin 100+ 6950x's to find the best one and overclock it to such a high level.

Soldato
lol, ridiculous machine!

I do love the premise that it has the Impact8 build in there too. You could be doing a ridiculous amount of rendering work on the main system, and kvm to the Impact build and browse / stream - do something without the slightest bit of interruption.

Ridiculous, yes...

But awesome, yes...

Soldato
yeah but you wouldnt be able to bin 100+ 6950x's to find the best one and overclock it to such a high level.

This is true, although in real world performance terms, how much is that actually worth? You could find a fast clocking 6950X without too much trouble anyway.

Soldato
This is true, although in real world performance terms, how much is that actually worth? You could find a fast clocking 6950X without too much trouble anyway.

4.4 isn't that hard to come by...but it's arguable how many people are capable of dialing a system like that in to it's full potential (including the memory side). That in itself isn't worth 23 big ones, though.

Soldato
4.4 isn't that hard to come by...but it's arguable how many people are capable of dialing a system like that in to it's full potential (including the memory side). That in itself isn't worth 23 big ones, though.

No, not at all, but then most of those wealthy enough to afford this don't care about that, and I would imagine don't even come close to getting the most out of it anyway. It's pure e-peen really, the Lamborghini of PC's... just not quite as vulgar lol! ;)

OcUK Staff
If I had £10K I'd be able to do a build that was an equal in aesthetics (probably better, subject to personal taste) albeit minus x2 of the Titans which, let's face it, are largely pointless. If you're rendering etc. you'd get a Quadro.

Ofcourse you could your the best!!! PROVE IT!!

Did u test Titan X against similar priced Quadro in professional stuff. Several of my business customers did and Titan is spanking more often than not.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
The 6950x in the demo model is 4.6 24-7 I have a couple of these reserved for this build. How many 4.6 24-7 stable 6950x do you find

One of these just beat the world R15 cinebench record so these are genuine top top bin parts.

The benchmarks from this system in 3+4 way beat all forum users here without issue at 24-7 stable not bench stable levels.

Soldato

Did u test Titan X against similar priced Quadro in professional stuff. Several of my business customers did and Titan is spanking more often than not.

Can I borrow £10K? Go on. ;)

Interesting about the Quadro vs Titan X, didn't know that.

Soldato

I use both all the time for work. 2D CAD and Revit Titan X. Full detailed rendering Quadro. It takes about half the time to render with Quadro with what we use.

Just to compare also we are talking about a Quadro M4000 to the Titan X Pascal at work. We do have 1 machine with a P6000 and that of course kills the titan for doing rendering however the cost is super expensive.

Soldato
Just working through the cost of parts without the custom acrylic side of things it works out at £14k for the parts so the rest of the £10k is then apparently to cover the cost of binning and the acrylic.

Now I know the acrylic sheeting is cheap but the cost to design the blocks etc could come out at closer to £2k and let's assume the binning takes a week to complete.

So then add a weeks labour which we will assume Overclockers overhead per hour for 8-pack is around £50. That's another £2k. I am just not sure what the last £6k goes. Other than direct profit, but yes you could theoretically make the same build for around £16k yourself then.

Edit: of course the overclock would be a gamble as well but even if you doubled the cost of the CPU to buy a binned one (should they sell them) then you would still be £5k better off

Associate
You guys always underestimate the cost of binning for top tier cpu's. Go figure out the cost to bin x50 6950x, selling them off as used, and 'maybe' finding a golden chip.

Doesn't matter what you build, there will always be naysayers around to criticise. Usually they're the ones that live in dream land and say i could do this/that/better etc. As Ian said, be a do-er and show us instead of being a keyboard commando.

Those acrylic blocks are one of the coolest things i've seen in a long time, never mind the +1 for reducing the need for crazy tubing.

Awesome sauce.

Associate
lol, ridiculous machine!

I do love the premise that it has the Impact8 build in there too. You could be doing a ridiculous amount of rendering work on the main system, and kvm to the Impact build and browse / stream - do something without the slightest bit of interruption.

Ridiculous, yes...

But awesome, yes...

got to agree with you fella :)

Back
Top Bottom