• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, it looks like the Navi31 yields (RX 7900 XT and XTX) have sucked so far, based on stock levels I've checked on a couple of sites.

Which likely means AMD has invested a lot, but not yet seen much return on their investment for RDNA3.

Especially compared to the RTX 4070, which has 400-500 items in stock for some models (e.g. Palit).

Might be worth waiting for though.

Edit - One site I checked has a couple hundred 7900 XTs in stock for some Sapphire models, so maybe it's not so bad.

Could be that some of the N31 dies are being reserved for workstation GPUs (due to become available soon) to maximize the profits.

I'd put money on the RX 7800 XT having better yields, assuming it's a Navi32 (5nm) based card.

You're deciding if yields were good by stock levels?!

What kind of divination is this.

I can see a clear difference in stock levels between cards like the RTX 4070 and RX 7900 XT, whenever new shipments of stock arrive.

Some models never seem to have more than 10 in stock.

Last edited:
I think they should use the best fabrication process possible - Probably N3E or N3P in 2024, which is when RDNA4 is due.

They need to bring the power consumption down a lot -AMD said this (power consumption) was the main reason for not having higher end GPUs than the current Navi31.

Last edited:
It seems like Intel's A770 16GB card is quite competitive priced at ~£360.

It's good value if you need a lot of VRAM:

2023-02-23-image-2-p.webp

The performance got a boost with new drivers in March.

The cost per frame works out at £4.93 at 1440p resolution.

The cheapest 6700 XT (12GB) is priced at £355 and has a cost per frame of £4.32 so is still the winner overall, as a 1440p card.

Ge RTX 3060 TI is still a powerful card, but I personally would want 12GB of VRAM for 2023 games if playing at 1440p.

But the A770 16GB probably needs another price drop down to £300, to make it really competitive.

Last edited:
AMD seems set to replace the whole Navi21 lineup with Navi32 GPUs soon, there aren't many RX 6800 cards left now, I think they must've stopped production.

But another price drop here wouldn't be surprising.

Last edited:

FXhm0hI.jpg
The RX7700XT has the same graphics ID as the RX7600XT. So the RX7700XT will be basically an overclocked RX6650XT with more VRAM?

:cry:

Last edited:

FXhm0hI.jpg
The RX7700XT has the same graphics ID as the RX7600XT. So the RX7700XT will be basically an overclocked RX6650XT with more VRAM?

:cry:
I suspect it's the new RX 590, which was an RX580 on 12nm with bumped clocks.

Interesting rumours.

It looks like there's nothing officially announced yet but more Navi33 GPUs (like the 7600 and 7600XT), this time for desktop, which isn't particularly exciting because they are limited to 32 CUs and use the 6nm fab. process, so 1080p tier.

Last edited:
RDNA2 workstation Navi21 GPUs didn't launch until June 2021 (RDNA2 desktop launched in October 2020):

RDNA3 workstation Navi31 GPUs (e.g. W7800 with 70 compute units) are supposed to be released this quarter, so very likely in June 2023.

My guess is that we could get a desktop equivalent e.g. RX 7800 XT in Q3 2023.

But Navi32 remains a mystery.

To me, it would be logical that the 7700 and 7700XT would be the only Navi32 cards, considering that Navi22 was used for the RX 6700 and XT.

But there still seems to be quite a lot of RX 6700 and 6700 XTs in stock (some models), which suggests a delay to Navi32.

Last edited:
AMD launched the GPU almost 6 months ago....

They refused to release the rest the line up because like Nvidia they tried to up the pricing.

So i refuse to consider the 7950 being a new GPU other then re-release so they can dump the whole product stack at once as opposing to saying, sorry guys, we waited almost 6 months to release something new because you obviously can open your wallets but aren't now.

The obvious next step for AMD would be to release Navi32 mobile chips, as there's definitely a gap in the market there.

Last edited:
I suspect it's the new RX 590, which was an RX580 on 12nm with bumped clocks.

But it will be a downgrade over the RX6700XT:
1.)Less shaders
2.)Lower memory bandwidth
3.)Less Infinity Cache
4.)PCI-E 8X connection,so more issues on a PCI-E 3.0 system

If it clocked to 3GHZ or higher,it would be similar TFLOPs to an RX6700XT:

So it might just essentially an RX6700XT with 16GB of VRAM,and maybe a tad better RT performance? But it might be worse off at qHD and 4K because Navi 23 had 1/3 the Infinity Cache of Navi 33. Hence it should be £300 at most.

7950xt/xtx ? what about power consumption already pretty high compared to nvidia

Navi 31 apparently had some issues according to MLID. The RX7950 series might be using a respun and fixed Navi 31.

Last edited:
No reason to think that the RX 7700 XT won't be a Navi32 card.

Should be decent if that's the case.

I was thinking before that the RX 7700 - RX 7800 XT are likely to be Navi32, and would replace Navi21 cards.

It's difficult to know for the RX 7800 XT though. Yields are not good for Navi31, so I'd imagine it's more likely to be Navi32.

Last edited:
I don't know if any of that info is set in stone, it might just be placeholder stuff / outdated info.

Last edited:
We need more info specifically on Navi32 to clear things up really.

It's strange how AMD has said nothing about Navi32 mobile GPUs yet.

Back
Top Bottom