• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

Soldato
Some leaks about the RX7600:

If we compare it to the RX6650XT,there are some oddities:

It appears the RX7600 has a lower base clockspeed but a higher boost clockspeed. It also appears to have only 32 ROPS unlike the RX6650XT which has 64!

Caporegime
Some leaks about the RX7600:

If we compare it to the RX6650XT,there are some oddities:

It appears the RX7600 has a lower base clockspeed but a higher boost clockspeed. It also appears to have only 32 ROPS unlike the RX6650XT which has 64!
Sounds like they stripped it right back to be as cheaply made as possible...

Soldato
Its official.

4060: $???
4060Ti: $399
4060Ti 16GB: $499
So basically the same price as consoles. Kind of makes me wonder why anyone, even someone who has an existing PC, would buy a graphics card when they could just buy a console.

Last edited:
Soldato
So basically the same price as consoles. Kind of makes me wonder why anyone, even someone who has an existing PC, would buy a graphics card when they could just buy a console.
Cause these cards are better than a console, they can play ultrawide, they have far more games at their disposal. And weren't you one of those "mods are super important" people?

Soldato
Cause these cards are better than a console, they can play ultrawide, they have far more games at their disposal. And weren't you one of those "mods are super important" people?
Firstly no, i was not one of those people. Secondly are you seriously suggesting that buying something that most people, and even a lot of games, don't use 'ultrawide' and a bigger library of games are the only selling points for why someone would spend money to stick a graphics card in their PC rather than just go out and buy a console.

And that's even before we factor in that i was talking about people who already own a PC, something that's becoming an increasing rarity these days. If someone wanted to get into gaming on the PC for the first time you're probably looking having to double the cost of a console for a bare minimum setup, that's not a good place to be in for something I've been an advocate for my entire life. If someone came to me now and said they were considering buying a PC for gaming and general home computer use I'd find it hard not to suggest they simply don't bother as they can get a similar, more hassle free, experience with a console and a decent notebook or tablet, and it may even workout cheaper.

Soldato
Firstly no, i was not one of those people. Secondly are you seriously suggesting that buying something that most people, and even a lot of games, don't use 'ultrawide' and a bigger library of games are the only selling points for why someone would spend money to stick a graphics card in their PC rather than just go out and buy a console.

And that's even before we factor in that i was talking about people who already own a PC, something that's becoming an increasing rarity these days. If someone wanted to get into gaming on the PC for the first time you're probably looking having to double the cost of a console for a bare minimum setup, that's not a good place to be in for something I've been an advocate for my entire life. If someone came to me now and said they were considering buying a PC for gaming and general home computer use I'd find it hard not to suggest they simply don't bother as they can get a similar, more hassle free, experience with a console and a decent notebook or tablet, and it may even workout cheaper.
There are plenty more reasons, I mentioned a few. The question is if someone already has a pc why would he buy a console instead of just a gpu?

Soldato
There are plenty more reasons, I mentioned a few. The question is if someone already has a pc why would he buy a console instead of just a gpu?
You're more than welcome to mention more as like i said I'd struggle to give someone compelling reasons.

That wasn't really the question, it was "why anyone, even someone who has an existing PC, would buy a graphics card when they could just buy a console" however as long as you've not rephrased it in an attempt to strawman me then I'll accept and address it in a similar vain. The reason someone may buy a console instead of a graphics card is because for the same price they can have a similar, if not better, experience on a device that's dedicated to gaming than something they may use for other tasks.

e: Let me put it this way: If someone said they wanted to get into gaming and they have a 5-10 year old PC (seems reasonable, no?) would you say they should buy a $299-499 graphics card or a console?

Like i said though it's not good enough to just say these things are the same or similar, there needs to be a compelling reason for someone to choose one over the other and even though in the past you'd be paying a little more for the experience on the PC it would be a better experience and more utilitarian than consoles. I feel i can no longer make that argument in good faith any more. At best all i can say is that you'll probably be paying double the cost of a console and getting a similar experience and maybe you can use it to do some things that you're probably already doing on your phone/tablet/notebook.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're more than welcome to mention more as like i said I'd struggle to give someone compelling reasons.

That wasn't really the question, it was "why anyone, even someone who has an existing PC, would buy a graphics card when they could just buy a console" however as long as you've not rephrased it in an attempt to strawman me then I'll accept and address it in a similar vain. The reason someone may buy a console instead of a graphics card is because for the same price they can have a similar, if not better, experience on a device that's dedicated to gaming than something they may use for other tasks.

e: Let me put it this way: If someone said they wanted to get into gaming and they have a 5-10 year old PC (seems reasonable, no?) would you say they should buy a $299-499 graphics card or a console?

Like i said though it's not good enough to just say these things are the same or similar, there needs to be a compelling reason for someone to choose one over the other and even though in the past you'd be paying a little more for the experience on the PC it would be a better experience and more utilitarian than consoles. I feel i can no longer make that argument in good faith any more. At best all i can say is that you'll probably be paying double the cost of a console and getting a similar experience and maybe you can use it to do some things that you're probably already doing on your phone/tablet/notebook.

You think after his recent suspension from the forums for exactly the same things he would have learned by now. The never ending trolling and phishing people into endless question games that he knows the answers too but just wants to waste peoples time as others are doing too.

I and others have had enough of it and it maybe time we start clicking the report button now and ending these silly games from the same people all the time and one mod has even asked me to do that @montymint .

I like these forums as we have some knowledgable people on here and people that understand technology and then in recent years we seem to have collected a bunch of trolls messing the forums up for everyone.

Anyways.. guys just click the trolls to ignore and don't feed them replies, wasting your time and everyone else's that has to read that rubbish.

Soldato
Also official is PC gaming is dead.
Dead no, but stagnating and even going backwards with the performance of some hardware at their prices. Even Nvidia states the 4060s are only good for 1080p on their own site and they start from $299 to $499 for a 1080p card now ...

We are on 4K now as the TV standard and even consoles are 4K now for two generations .. But they want to send pc gaming back to 1080p for the price of a 4K capable console and a second controller or a game. While the console has everything in it to make it work, cpu,gpu,psu,case,ram,4k Bluray drive, ssd storage and controller.. It doesn't make sense anymore the prices of the 1080p class 4060 series.

Reality is if a person only wants to game a console is it and and they can even browse the internet on it and use apps to watch streaming services etc and watch 4k movies on it with Blurays. If they need a device to study/work on a cheap laptop or tablet with a keyboard will do that too for less than a PC with a 1080p class card.

Anyways I will always need a pc and a console to me is for the living room to kick back an enjoy without the stress of a pc and I have a HTPC too in the living room but gets used very little and even a recent high end gaming laptop that also gets little use and for work things only from time to time. As I have another older gaming laptop used for a lot of what I do on a pc and a desktop for the heavy duty tasks and again on rarely now as lockdown is over and used mostly as a data storage area now for all the other devices to backup to.

Also with the cost of electricity these days they don't stay on much and the desktop has been off most of its life since owning it as it can chug threw electricity when worked.. So a console is making a lot of sense these days and the quality and performance of the new gen consoles is more than good enough for most people and once the pro versions come out I think we will see more people switch to consoles if they are priced right which they will be as history has shown. Next gen consoles may even be the death of the average pc gamer once the PS6 and New MS XBOX comes out, also Nvidia is making it more and more harder to stick to pc gaming and then AMD now following them down this path. Mainstream gpus should be able to run 4k games at decent frame rates on a pc by now and I mean at a PC level of FPS, but if you put most people in front of two screens with same game on pc and console most will not be able to tell the difference, that's how good consoles have become.

Last edited:
Associate

In fact you could get the best of both worlds for the price of that console + an extra £40 (modern games plus access to the PC legacy library) with a console and stick a cheap 2nd hand Polaris GPU in their 5-10 year old PC.

Back
Top Bottom