IT Remake (2017)

Associate
Being a fan of the novel and original mini series I've been following news of the remake with interest, which has been on-off-on-off-on for several years now with its last cancellation only a few weeks before filming was due to start.

Anywho, the teaser trailer is now out and I think it looks as good as could be hoped.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(2017_film)

I'll be interested to see how well Bill Skarksgard does as Pennywise, as he's certainly got some very big shoes to fill.. (HA!)

Soldato
OMG - looks v good.

The book was amazing and the mini series was v good aside from the final act (hypno spider!).

But this looks another level of scary!

Associate
OP
TFB the original was only a 15. For me this was partially the reason for finding it so scary when I was younger... Pfft..this is only a 15, it's gonna be sh...

Apparently this new version is going to be rated R though.

Man of Honour
Eh was the original even that gory? 12A / 15 by today's standards.

Only films with excessive gore or sexual violence tend to be 18s. I don't think this needs either.

Associate
Eh was the original even that gory? 12A / 15 by today's standards.

Only films with excessive gore or sexual violence tend to be 18s. I don't think this needs either.

The original mini series that came out 1990 was for tv only so it was never going to include everything from the book which is very graphic no way could you have that context on tv even now with this new one with 18 rating it wouldn't be able to include some of the stuff in the book but I think they will target 15 if they can here even if cuts are required.

The bbfc ratings are not done by gore and can be very iffy at timesbut if it has sexual ontent or drug taking this will bump it up

It will be interesting to see how they will release this all the details show it will be multi parts.

Soldato
I loved the book, it scared the living daylights out of me - hopefully the movie stays closer to the book than the mini-series did.

after reading a bit more about it, it seems this is just part one, the story is split into two films. The first is the story of them as children and the second as adults.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That last scene in the trailer gave me the chills :D looks ace

I remember watching the original at my nans when I was about 7. I woke up with the TV on and IT was on. And it was the scene where the lady drops the coffee and then gets chased out the house. Terrifying at the time but started my love of horror films

Back
Top Bottom