Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2022, Monza - Race 16

Rate the Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
really like the yellow on the ferrari. it would look much better without the fin being yellow. but all the other bits go so well.
I think the rear wing looks great. Should just keep it like that for a while.
Similarly, Merc need to get that big circle on the side of the car with driver numbers back on.

Can’t wait to watch quali, and still not have a clue about final grid order across the field after it’s finished… :/ Didn’t really spice Spa up that much, but let’s live in hope here.

Soldato
Everyone entitled to an opinion and I could understand this one for practice. For a place to race though… Never!
I love this circuit.

The thing for me is that there is zero tragedy, it's a mega short race (time wise), pit lane loss is too high, and it's a poor track for overtaking IIRC it had 10 last year. This was re-iterated in the practice commentary a few times.

"Pole position at Monza is statistically more important than Monaco, as from 2000-2017 the Italian GP winner has come from pole 14 times out of 18, compared to only 10 in Monte Carlo."

We'll see what this year brings. The slip stream is less powerful, but cars can follow more closely, so perhaps there will be some entertainment.

Soldato
Think the closer following should really help here this year. The issue was last year that drs didn't do hardly anything due to the low drag packages and everyone just dropped back through the back part of the circuit. Cars going nose to tail through parabolic will be great to watch.

Man of Honour
Will be good to see how he can perform in a race. He's done a FP1 session in the Williams earlier this year so the car will at least not be entirely new to him. Also done a session in the Mercedes and was in the Aston Martin yesterday. Hopefully that helps him out.

If he can match Latifi tomorrow , he'll have had a good day.

Soldato
Trial by fire for De Vries. Missed a good amount of the session.
Latifi will be sweating. If the performance is even remotely acceptable, he'll be in his race seat next year.

Williams have got to be gutted, as there was a big chance of picking up a point or two from Albon.

Edit: Qualifying is going to be a nightmare for traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom