• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Its a bit boring now don't you think?

Associate
easyrider said:
GFX now

not much happening

games....

what games?

Thoughts....

RIIIGGHHHTTTT.......

I always say People who bash PC gaming just dont know enough since PC gaming is so deep and diverse and gets less marketing than console games.Saw this on another forum, which console can match up to this?I have a 360 and it pales in comparison.

NoGames-1.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
db2431 said:
RIIIGGHHHTTTT.......

I always say People who bash PC gaming just dont know enough since PC gaming is so deep and diverse and gets less marketing than console games.Saw this on another forum, which console can match up to this?I have a 360 and it pales in comparison.

Congrats,

First post and completely misunderstood my opening post :rolleyes:

Associate
easyrider said:
Congrats,

First post and completely misunderstood my opening post :rolleyes:

Sorry I quoted you but I was more pointing at the posts after yours, I agree there isnt much new tech graphics wise for pc but what has there really been for the last year on anything? Gears Of war on 360 and next is Crysis on PC so the grass isnt greener.The posts after were what I was referring to.

Caporegime
have to agree, thought with the release of the R600 it may get better, get some life back, but with it being a lemon its same as, Nvidia will just slow and do nothing now as they still have no competiton, 2900 is just a more expensive GTS with lesser memory so no point buying one at all, all thanks to AMD, Nvidia is the only choice still like they were when the G80's were released last November, and nothings happening on the gaming front either, i knew the fabled Dx10 games wouldn't start flooding out in droves with the release of Vista, and even thats still got crap support as expected. :D

If AMD still went onto release the 65nm R650's in August/September then that might have kicked some life back into it seen as it was supposedly going to be the card ther 2900 should have been, i was looking forward to that one as well as ive already got a GTS, just really cant understand why they canned it and are sticking with a GTS till next year, and letting Nvidia just demolish them with the much faster GTX and Ultra's, absolute madness, makes no sense at all, they must be on crack, want to ruin a company, sell to AMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gaming in general is going to be slow until end of summer, im waiting on quake wars on PC and halo 3 + gta 4 on my 360 both aren't out till end of summer

Caporegime
jrodga2k5 said:
Glad I saved Half-Life 2 Episode 1 until now to play :)

Yeah i enjoyed that, im just playing Doom 3 at the minute seen as i never got very far first time around, just got past the spiders before so going for the completion, and then ill probably just start another old game that i never did much of before either, something like Chronicles Of Riddick, just mailnly waiting for Crysis, and Bio Shock seems worth a look to, other than those its pretty bleak. :)

I stopped buying PC Gamer etc... a few years ago to now as the games were rubbish, was just checking out their website the other night and its still not changed, one game gets about 85%, and the rest are about 40-60%, and theres only a couple reviewed still.

Last edited:
Associate
spb251272 said:
Playing Tomb Raider Anniversay at the moment, and I'll be getting DiRT next week. I might get Forza 2 - oh wait, kids 360 broke so they've got mine arghhh

good to see some of you are looking forward to DiRT like me !
it's a really good racing game, nice to see them changing direction and developing a great game compared to the last few CMR efforts. I believe this in part is down to the fact that the team responsible for TOCA developed DiRT rather than the usual CMR team.

The game pushes my GTX to the limit, but I am managing to get a solid 60fps by turning somethings down to medium (like shadows, crowd detail) and turning off motion blur at 1920x1200 ;)

Associate
I'm working my way through the Nod missions of Command and Conquer 3, but I have Call of Juarez, Oblivion, Stalker, and a few others to finish before I'm out of games.

My only big disappointment on the gaming radar is that some things, like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, are only going to console. Hope this isn't the way of things to come.

HL 2:2, Bioshock, Crysis, come on! The hardware is ready...

Associate
Slenpree said:
lol @ all those games,

i only keep about 4 or 5 games installed at one time. The performance and reliability of pc games tend to suck when u have a lot installed.

EH???! Lol thats some of the biggest crap Ive heard

Soldato
Sounds like poop to me too. Unless the games are running something in the background or you haven't defragged your hard disk for ages then I can't see why your PC will be slower.

Soldato
The weather's too good to stay in at the moment anyway but...Quake Wars, Crysis, Bioshock. That's three potentially triple A title's out this year. I can't exactly complain anyway...Tomb Raider Anniversary and STALKER are keeping me occupied.

Back
Top Bottom