It's Friday.It's Five O'Clock and it's CRACKERJACK.Wrong! It's Feeks Beer Thread, pt4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
OP
I'm huggy whether I've had beer or not.

On to the second brew.

Timothy Taylor's Landlord Strong Pale Ale.

"Landlord is the classic pale ale, brewed in the traditional way from the famous Knowle Spring water using only the finest malt and leaf hops."

I generally like pale ales - Light and Bitter is a drink I ask for quite a lot and this looks like a pale. Only 4.1% it pours cleanly with a large head, perhaps a bit to large.

It's quite mild in flavour which is to be expected but it's not unpleasant. It has a fruity tang to it which I wasn't expecting, and there's a nice aftertaste as well. It's quite complex for a pale ale.

All in all, another good beer. I'd be happy being served this in a pub.

K.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Why did I open this thread?

I'm offshore, working nightshift and have absolutely no access to ale for the next week at least :(

I am, quite literally, drooling now :o

The only one I have tried of the selection is the Caledonian - quite nice.

Enjoy the rest :)

Stan :)

Permabanned
Well, this is the second beer thread I have read - and they are damned good.

The only problem I have with these threads, is I want to drink BADLY.....
So......
I'm going to join you in a drink...
Really shouldn't....
but...

Ah ha...Jack Daniels or Guiness...mmm, I need to have a clear head tomorrow, so Jack it is. ;)

Cheers Feek.

Soldato
Morrisons do Bombadier - the finest beer about. You (and everybody else) should sample this stuff!

Lol the blurring is because I've alreadly had some of these this evening and couldn't hold the camera steady on zoom. :D :cool:

Soldato
Nice choices there feek, ive just finished my first week on a new department and I deal with loads of these ales on a daily basis now. I quite like the look of the double drop and the Marstons Single Malt. I think Fursty Ferret and Bishops Finger have to be my winner for such awesome names :D

Enjoy them :)

A.N.Other, I hate that stuff, it flies off the shelf and is a real nightmare!

Soldato
I guess I'll be joining you this evening on a few brews at home.

I'll be drinking 6 of the finest cheap stuff: €1.16 a can.

dutch0tt.jpg

Brewed in Holland, only for sale in Ireland!

Commissario
OP
And now to the Adnams SSB - Suffolk Strong Bitter.

"Adnams SSB is a refreshing beer of real flavour - distinctively hoppy and dry"

I like short descriptions. It's less to type.

A 4.5% brew, darker than the previous pale ale. Again, a heady beer upon pouring. No noticable aroma and the brief description on the back is accurate in that its's nicely hoppy and dry. No tangy aftertaste, just another good brew.

Looks like this weeks selection is much better than the rubbish the co-op had to offer last time.

K.

Soldato
Vixen said:
He has a habit of adding women to his list while drunk ;).

Vix. The Centraal Bar beside the Pear Tree. What a fine selection of beers they have! I spent many a night in there beer tasting. I believe they stock 80 different beers behind the bar. The food is pretty damn good too.

Commissario
OP
Morlan said:
Vix. The Centraal Bar beside the Pear Tree. What a fine selection of beers they have! I spent many a night in there beer tasting. I believe they stock 80 different beers behind the bar. The food is pretty damn good too.
Is this in Edinburgh? Someone ;) has to take me there!!!!

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom