• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It's on!

Associate
Gibbo said:
Snip........

Thats actually great to hear, as I have a 7800GTX EE and have had no problems with it in the 12 months I have owned it.
I am only one statistic though, and as you have dealt with thousands of customers who have bought XFX cards and actually seeing and being involved with all the problems (of XFX's) then you have literally seen the bigger picture with all the information and statistics, which will definitely have an impact on the manufacturer of my future GPU's.

Thanks for getting rid of them. :)

Soldato
Neil79 said:
He has a point though Gibbo not the only one who thought that...

I can assure you that OcUK sold well over 200 cards yesterday along with a very large number of EVGA Motherboards - what you decide to believe is up to you. We are very capable of selling huge amounts of product and OcUK does not sell low end, unknown brand rubbish and the majority of our sales comes from the high end product you guys all love.
As another comparison, I can tell you now that we sell more 250GB+ drives than any of the cheap low cap 80GB product. Again, it's what all our customers want from us.

OcUK aim to be the best by being first with new and exclusive products - we were the first with Core 2 Duo product and the Belinea 22" you see on our homepage is completely exclusive to ourselves as the manufacturer's know our potential and are willing to help us out so much to provide you with the products you want.

Soldato
Gibbo, I have no doubt you have many thousands of visitors a day - but can you call all of them unique? How do you know they are all completely seperate?

For instance I browse from at least 4 different machines (and sometimes a lot more)between work and home - still only one potential purchaser though.

I have no doubt on launch day you sold as many new cards as that though between your decetn pricing and well reknowned customer service from OCUK, was just interested why you were so sure all 30,000 were "unique"

Man of Honour
Slackworth said:
... and the Belinea 22" you see on our homepage is completely exclusive to ourselves as the manufacturer's know our potential and are willing to help us out so much to provide you with the products you want.

No offence but it isn't exclusive to OCUK, there are other UK e-tailers who also sell this product m8. Maybe you got them in first? I would however agree that OCUK are one of, if not THE first to get the latest kit in and for that you should be applauded.

Associate
Speaking of OCUK branded cards, have you guys got any 8800 series cards in the works? I like the fact that your cards always seem to have simple, effective cooling designs that are free from the marketing BS.

I will be purchasing and building a new rig from you guys in early Jan, its a really interesting time to be buying into all of this and hopefully the prices will have come down a bit by then ;) I might also have the dilema of 8800GTS vs. a very well priced x-fire x1950xt setup...

Cant wait to get rid of this laptop!

OcUK Staff
FrankJH said:
Gibbo, I have no doubt you have many thousands of visitors a day - but can you call all of them unique? How do you know they are all completely seperate?

For instance I browse from at least 4 different machines (and sometimes a lot more)between work and home - still only one potential purchaser though.

I have no doubt on launch day you sold as many new cards as that though between your decetn pricing and well reknowned customer service from OCUK, was just interested why you were so sure all 30,000 were "unique"

Hi there

We have a tracking system, it which shows summaries of our hits. It list unique visitors which ranges from 24,000 - 30,000 per day dependent on day. I think what it means by unique visitors is different IP addresses but when it comes to web stuff I am not the most knowledgable I just see the numbers. Whenever manufacturers have visited they are mightily impressed and soon gives us plenty of money to get their products on our front page. :)

OcUK Staff
sampo said:
Speaking of OCUK branded cards, have you guys got any 8800 series cards in the works? I like the fact that your cards always seem to have simple, effective cooling designs that are free from the marketing BS.

I will be purchasing and building a new rig from you guys in early Jan, its a really interesting time to be buying into all of this and hopefully the prices will have come down a bit by then ;) I might also have the dilema of 8800GTS vs. a very well priced x-fire x1950xt setup...

Cant wait to get rid of this laptop!

Hi there

Yes we shall have some OcUK branded cards in a few weeks and those will be very competively priced if not amongst the cheapest in the UK. :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

We have a tracking system, it which shows summaries of our hits. It list unique visitors which ranges from 24,000 - 30,000 per day dependent on day. I think what it means by unique visitors is different IP addresses but when it comes to web stuff I am not the most knowledgable I just see the numbers. Whenever manufacturers have visited they are mightily impressed and soon gives us plenty of money to get their products on our front page. :)

Well good for you !!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom