• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It's on!

Associate
w3bbo said:
Can't see how anyone could have the grounds to complain about a price hike or drop tbh. They see the price when they browse for it and if they dont like it, they don't HAVE to pay it. Its not as though OCUK are holding a gun to your heads now is it.

Totally agreed . Thats why I buy my kit elsewhere :p ;)

Man of Honour
easyrider said:
LOL

All the people posting in this thread.

Why?

We Have simply the latest tech.....Thats it.

Lets enjoy it and not pander to x9 owners.

This thread is full of em.And its boring reading.

I'm bored of people saying "its not worth it" etc....

"DX 10 does not exist."

Talk about clocking x1900/7900 in other threads.

I'm sick of reading posts about gfx data dotted that cannot carry beans.

so in conclusion:

We're 8800 owners know
So let us get on with it :)

Thanks

easyrider

ROFL, first we had ATI vs NV along with intel vs amd, now we have dx9 vs dx10....fanboyism at its most extreme :p ;)

I'd love one (or even two!) of these cards as they truly are awesome performers but unfortunately my lad wants a quad (bike not cpu) for xmas so gotta watch the pennies. Guess I'll have to 'struggle' with my watercooled 7950GX2 until the refreshers/competition are released which going by the current trend of GPU releases will be in a few weeks lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like these cards are worth it to a lot of people - and its funny how those who think benchmarks are the be all and end all wont be satisfied :D

I have to say I really dont agree with price changes on launch day like seems to have happened where-ever it came from, I just think its dishonest to your customer base, I really hope it was forced on OCUK from the original supplier / nvidia - but at least it dropped a little back pretty quickly

Soldato
why are the new cards not using GDDR4? even some of the the DX9 cards use GDDR4.

for the money they are looking for the new 8800 cards id be expecting GDDR4, thank god im not buying them, one card alone costs near half the price of my full system!

Soldato
hardc0re_tid said:
why are the new cards not using GDDR4? even some of the the DX9 cards use GDDR4.

for the money they are looking for the new 8800 cards id be expecting GDDR4, thank god im not buying them, one card alone costs near half the price of my full system!

One card will cost the same as my full system cost me... and thats a core 2 duo with 2GB ddr2, 500gb HD and a 7800GT. (Admittedly I did not buy the CPU, that was bought for me). But if you count the £600 one then it will be the same.

And GDDR4 hasn't been used as it is currently a bit more expensive, harder to get hold of and actually slower per mhz (like ddr vs. ddr2)

Soldato
Fatboy said:
I have made sure that as many orders as possible have shipped. All orders that passed credit card criteria and all items were in stock have shipped. I called as many people as possible whom had associated product that was OOS. Please call sales in the morning if you have not recieved confirmation.

Confirmation recieved now, thanks (came late last night so I think it must have been an email fart on my end). Thanks!

Associate
I really want an 8800 GTX, but I rather wait for the 2nd breed DX10 cards to come out before getting a new system. Also the next 2nd breed will be great for Crysis in DX10 form, because the next breed should use less power and produce less heat.

However the main reason I wait until the next breed is well Christmas is just around the corner, and also I need to pay for my PS3 in March 07. But I don't mind playing Crysis in DX9 once it is out, even if it means using Crysis in DX9 on Vista once that is out as well.

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
As of now the dx10 stuff is going over my head the real factor is speed and iq.

You can say its not worth it, rant and what have you but at the end of the day......

Its becuase you dont have one isnt it? :D;)

LOL :D

Caporegime
duc999 said:
Totally agreed . Thats why I buy my kit elsewhere :p ;)

Same here. :D

As i said above, everyone knows that Dx10 does not exist as easy says also, ppl are not buying it for Dx10, they are buying it to have the fastest Dx9 card out there, its a single card thats faster than SLi/Crossfire in Dx9, if your buying a one for DX10, then go get yer head read, you bought a card for something that you don't even know how its gona perform in, and will be the slowest Dx10 card even before Dx10 is released, the refresher has already been announced for Feb, and R600 is coming to, so you should have just waited till Dx10 was released then saw how it performed in Dx10, then if it was ok you could have picked up your G80 for about £200, or bought the faster cards, doesn't make a difference as your missing nothing, its not like your G80's turned up today and your off out to buy umpteen Dx10 games is it, nope as you can't, and even if you could you would have to run them in Dx9 till end of Jan/Feb when Vista was released to run them in Dx10 anyway. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
The reviews are showing a huge increase at 1280x1024 as well, hmm i wonder. :p

Loadsa u know im in that stupid 1280x1024 niche with ya and now cos im gonna build anew conroe rig I'm tempted so much now.....ahhhhhhh :p

Plus no shuttle for me now as I assume there is NO way this card would fit in the case really.

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
The reviews are showing a huge increase at 1280x1024 as well, hmm i wonder. :p

Problem with 1280x1024 on my 1600x1200 monitor, its all raspy from the 1.333 ratio im on...

so i have to run at 1600x1200 :) ergo the need for super gfx cards like the 8800.

Associate
easyrider said:
LOL

All the people posting in this thread.

Why?

We Have simply the latest tech.....Thats it.

Lets enjoy it and not pander to x9 owners.

This thread is full of em.And its boring reading.

I'm bored of people saying "its not worth it" etc....

"DX 10 does not exist."

Talk about clocking x1900/7900 in other threads.

I'm sick of reading posts about gfx data dotted that cannot carry beans.

so in conclusion:

We're 8800 owners know
So let us get on with it :)

Thanks

easyrider

It gets boring reading about you: " I have the fastest this fastest that blah blah" :p

You guys got money to burn fair enough, but don`t start getting all high and mighty on the more sensible buyers ;)

Oh and don`t bother with the "I traded up to it and it cost me 10 pence" :p

P.S. I`m jealous I have not got one but I am patient !

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
I am proud to say we've sold just over 200 GTX cards and sales are still flying. We still have plenty left in stock but don't leave it too long as these things are flying.

Haha good way to get more people to buy , I bet it isnt that amount at all :D

Still i want one, yet i cant afford it booo :(

Godfather
Godfather
Fatboy said:
XFX Bad product support plain and simple, they do not look after OcUK and there are many RMA problems with them.
One of the worst graphics cards manufacturers OcUK have ever had to deal with. Their support to us was abysmal, hence the reason we dropped them.

To rub salt into the wounds they are now threatening to sue us for telling the truth. Must be feeling the pinch.

Soldato
If you state a company provides a crap service publicly then they might feel agrieved, and think you are damaging their reputation with slanderous comments. So they could sue you. Good look proving it though.

Back
Top Bottom