• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It's on!

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
I am proud to say we've sold just over 200 GTX cards and sales are still flying. We still have plenty left in stock but don't leave it too long as these things are flying.

hmmm... much like the X800GTO2`s the X1900XT`s, the 7900GTO`s and a dozen other cards in the last 2 years that have all been "flying" off OCUK shelves according to its forum marketing master... anyone else seeing a pattern here ?

"buy now before they are gone" usually translates to buy now before we get more stock and drop the price 20%

OcUK Staff
locutus12 said:
hmmm... much like the X800GTO2`s the X1900XT`s, the 7900GTO`s and a dozen other cards in the last 2 years that have all been "flying" off OCUK shelves according to its forum marketing master... anyone else seeing a pattern here ?

"buy now before they are gone" usually translates to buy now before we get more stock and drop the price 20%

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Associate
locutus12 said:

must admit was close to buying one but then i thought where are all this years new killer pc xmas games even call of duty3 has gone console only :( ????

think i will sit this one out until ati and the g80 refresh come in the new year thanks

Soldato
Spie said:
One of the worst graphics cards manufacturers OcUK have ever had to deal with. Their support to us was abysmal, hence the reason we dropped them.

To rub salt into the wounds they are now threatening to sue us for telling the truth. Must be feeling the pinch.
Good for you.

I won't buy xfx after a 6600gt blew up because of an abysmal cooling solution that was modified shortly after i bought it, so there was clearly a problem. voltage regulators died because they weren't cooled properly/weren't designed for the heat.
Sadly i'd had to put my own cooler on it because of the awful noise and performance of the stock one.

They didn't want to know.

The cooler is so bad its not even heavy enough for use as a paperweight. :p

Man of Honour
Rofl...just noticed your sig Gibbo. 500bhp RWD no TC..MONSTER! Wouldn't mind seeing that in action vs the MD of one of your 'competitors' (Skyline GTR 500bhp claimed). Guess there is plenty of money to be made from PC components still ;)

Back on topic(sort of) Had problems with XFX myself..mainly due to the incompetant staff they hire - tech support - laughable!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gibbo said:

He has a point though Gibbo not the only one who thought that...

So what you reckon on a price drop £100 in a few months? , wonder how long before it will be at 300 or so

I won't be able to afford one till next year, xmas coming soon... car bits to add
oooh money money :p

Gibbo/spie speaking of the XFX you guys remember the gainward graphics card memory fiasco? , damn after that im supprised the company gainward is still ongoing :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Explicit said:
Nothing said about XFX was defamatory, so tell them to bring it! :D
Make some more 'defamatory comments' and tell them you'll see them in court. :p
They wouldn't have said that if you were a review site.

OcUK Staff
Neil79 said:
He has a point though Gibbo not the only one who thought that...

So what you reckon on a price drop £100 in a few months? , wonder how long before it will be at 300 or so

I won't be able to afford one till next year, xmas coming soon... car bits to add
oooh money money :p

Gibbo/spie speaking of the XFX you guys remember the gainward graphics card memory fiasco? , damn after that im supprised the company gainward is still ongoing :eek:

Some of your should not doubt OcUK's ability to sell though. Our website gets nearly 30,000 unique visitors per day and so as we were one of the extreme few to have working 8800GTX in ample supply and ready to ship I fail to see how some of you find it hard to believe. Within the first hour of launch we sold approx 100 nearly I believe. More than a card per minute!! Then during the rest of the afternoon sales remained strong. We had NVIDIA's latest card, we also had it from who I would consider to be the best manufacturer, especially when it comes to after support.

Regarding price drops, well it depends if NV drop their pricing or not. Obviously at the moment everybody is making good margins so it will obviously drop in price in the coming weeks, but unless NVIDIA do a price drop then I doubt we shall see it drop by £100. Plus remember NVIDIA rarely do price drops as their product launches are well timed so they never have overstocks they need to shift cheap. Just like the 7950GX2's have not dropped in price but just disappeared, thats good stock control at NV's end. :)

Yes Gainward went through a terrible spell, the quality control was abysmal as memory chips was just falling of the cards. The management within Gainward at the time did not want to know and as such they more or less dissapeared in the UK for well over a year. Now there is new management, some slightly new branding and overall things have gone up too acceptable standards.

Whats surprising me most is the amount of you who are actually agreeing with Spie and Fatboy in regard to XFX poor after support. We've had our problems and we normally replace cards for our customers ourselves because XFX either reject the cards as no fault found or physical damage when the card has clearly failed but they refuse to accept this on occaisons. Which leaves customers mightily annoyed and hence OcUK has had to step in on numerous occaisons and give customers new cards. As we have been fighting our customers corner. However they refused to give us the option of been able to give our customers brand new cards turned around in 48 hours. Hence why we removed them, they were giving us a bad reputation and costing us lots of money with RMA cost. From you guys posting on here its evident a lot of you have been mucked around by XFX too. :(

Thats why OcUK likes dealing with BFG as they do their best to look after customers and we know they will look after us which means we have no issues sorting customers out who have BFG cards either. Leadtek also look after OcUK great and give us the ability to swap out our customers cards within 48 hours due to Leadteks great support for OcUK. Then their is EVGA who have a good warranty service, yeah there has been some issues with the step up programme but now they should be rectified.

So when you consider the options why would you risk buying an XFX product? Companies such as BFG, EVGA, Leadtek and even OcUK's own brand support ourselves and the customer so well that you have no worries should the product fail 6 months down the road. However if you have an XFX product then be warned that should it fail, or a cap melt etc. There is the risk that XFX may reject to warrant it so then its upto the Etailor and depending on how good they are they might take months to take action. Is purchasing an XFX card worth the risk I ask? XFX no our requirements and we've simply asked them to give us the same support as Leadtek do. Yet they refuse to do so!

Back
Top Bottom