It's snowing

Only a couple of inches here in WInchester, Hampshire. It's not snowing right now and skies are fairly clear so seems perfect to go out for a walk. But I have a cold.

We've had a good 6 inches or so fall overnight here in Widnes, and it looks like more is about to start galling as I type this. I'm supposed to be going to our office Christmas party tonight at the Adelphi in Liverpool, but it would seem the trains aren't running, and my mate was kicked off a bus that couldn't make it up the hill going through Belle Vale towards the Fiveways. In short it'll be extremely difficult getting into Liverpool during daylight, and I don't want to risk getting stranded overnight, so I'm going to have to give it a miss I think. :(

thats it:o ,looks small for a starling though

This is smaller.

robin.JPG

yeeeaaaah........ early shift this morning at work wasn't expecting it to shift that fast
within 2 hours! you can see how deep the snow is by looking at the rims lol.
I could cycle when the snow is fresh and untouched by pedestrian or cars.

imag0158t.jpg

Last edited:
Few inches of snow and :o

72244454.png

Guess it will be coming to North/East London soon. I want to go for a walk but I'm too much of a southern fairy to venture out till the snow lets up :p

Hmmmmm......

Flash warnings of severe or extreme weather

London & South East England:
Bracknell Forest
Buckinghamshire
Gtr London
Slough
Surrey
Windsor + Maidenhead
Wokingham
Very Heavy Snowfall 1102 Sat 18 1900 Sat 18
Heavy snow will affect the area this afternoon giving generally 10-15 cm of fresh lying snow and locally 20-25cm.

Widespread disruption of transport networks is likely and only essential travel should be undertaken.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1105 Sat 18 Dec

Now coming down heavily in Reading. A couple of inches in an hour and a bit. Still intending to walk to town to go shopping!

Cheers for that, better get going before it get worse.
Hoping to get snowed in the pub later, its always been an ambition of mine:D

stopped raining/snowing/blowing/thundering and now, roaring sunshine, and clear skies :S this could'nt happen anywhere else on earth haha

Back
Top Bottom