It's snowing

got finer now...

snowing1.jpg

And it's started here. Quite heavily, I've just had to make the decision to move the car up the road otherwise (lesson learn't from last year) we will not get it up the hill, or with great difficulty.

Just stopped up here, was coming down quite heavily for a few hours. Got a cm of the stuff so far, it's supposed to go on all night here. I don't fancy driving in it tomorrow so I'm staying tucked up in bed, nice lazy Sunday for me.

The word from my sisters boyfriend who has a 4x4 is that most of the roads around here are pretty tricky, even the A-Roads are starting to take a turn for the worse, so I've decided to stay at my mums house for the night.

Probably for the best as my directional Summer tyres didn't seem too happy driving the 100 yards along flat ground onto the driveway. That and my step-dad sliding my mums Golf into a kirb at 5MPH while trying to turn right into their road earlier when the snow wasn't as bad doesn't inspire much confidence.

I'll admit defeat as I haven't been driving that long, and sit infront of a warm fire place I think :)

Been snowing for 7 hours now in Stoke, their is traffic everywhere not moving, cars have either been abandoned or have broken down, must be about 4 inches thick on the roads, possibly more.

Back
Top Bottom