It's snowing

I'm torn.

I love snow and owning a tooled up landy makes it great fun when few other people can drive around.:D
On the other hand this is my first winter driving rwd ambulances.:(

Works vans got their winter kit put in them the other day. This year we are getting snow socks for the tyres, a headlamp torch, a bag of salt and a jar of Bovril. :D

You would think they would just bite the bullet and fit winter tyres throughout the fleet. They would last for a few winters and if it stops a few vans getting totalled it makes a lot of sense financially.

You would think they would just bite the bullet and fit winter tyres throughout the fleet. They would last for a few winters and if it stops a few vans getting totalled it makes a lot of sense financially.

I don't really think it's really warranted. We only drive them in Glasgow, and being a major city the roads are pretty well gritted. We didn't have any totalled vans last winter. The only problem I had was when I parked on an incline, did a delivery and then wasn't able to get traction for a while. That quickly taught me where and where not to park.

I think winter tyres for vans that stay in a city is probably overkill. Plus, I understand that for most conditions that we have in winter in this country the tyres won't be helpful at all and just get worn a lot quicker. We don't really get the conditions that warrant winter tyres for x number of months every year. I suppose if we were working in the Highlands there may be an argument, but not in a city.

UK south of Manchester needs proper snow, I do love BBC News covering it 24/7 like it's a world disaster at least once every two years.

Whilst it barely gets a mention if anyone else gets it, mind you most of the BBC are in "Saleford" now so perhaps they'll talk about it.

The fog here in Cheshire is diabolical!

The fog would form in the early hours, and would normally lift/go away at around 11am. All day it's been lingering and its really thick aswel, can't see more than 20-30 yards in front! It will only get worse!

Be safe guys.

Back
Top Bottom