It's snowing

Boo! The amber warning zone has now moved south of Blackpool :-(

As usual I'll get all excited then on the day I'll see less than a millimeter and it will rain soon after. The rain will then freeze and it'll be icy :<

I haven't seen decent thick snow since I was a child! (in coventry)

Yellow snow warning has been extended to Saturday and Sunday now whereas previously, that was just for Ice.

Last edited:
It's -1 here in St Albans and trying so hard to snow a little bit :D (there's the smallest bit coming down).

Been so cold most the snow from earlier in the week hasn't gone yet, the school I lock up has loads of it still in the fields!

What will it be like driving up the M1 and A1 do you think?

Should be alright. East of the pennines won't be that badly affected but they will be loads of idiots (as usual) who will crap themselves at the first sign of a snow flake and proceed to hog the middle and outside lanes doing 50mph.

Your sincerely,

A disgruntled M1/A1 commuter

anyone around Chester ? Planning to drive there to the Zoo on Saturday with a few kids. Not sure if its advisable or not. A. for the roads and B. giving children hypothermia.

anyone around Chester ? Planning to drive there to the Zoo on Saturday with a few kids. Not sure if its advisable or not. A. for the roads and B. giving children hypothermia.

According to the #uksnow map, its snowing in Chester now, but only lightly

Keep you eye on that map over the next few hours :)

Should be alright. East of the pennines won't be that badly affected but they will be loads of idiots (as usual) who will crap themselves at the first sign of a snow flake and proceed to hog the middle and outside lanes doing 50mph.

Your sincerely,

A disgruntled M1/A1 commuter

Yeh its just getting to the m1 from here that will be the issue for me.

it's is snowing lightly here but nothing on the ground. I live about a mile from the zoo so i'll try let you know what it's like by tomorrow afternoon

Back
Top Bottom