It's snowing

I live out in the sticks miles from work, I can't wait for a good snowfall to get me snowed in. I'm sure I can argue my internet connection is on the blink also due to the snow ;)

3 flakes have fallen in Winchester.

The Adverse Weather policy and Working from Home policy have been hastily sent to all staff!

Likewise, the business continuity lot are leaping into action as I type. People hurrying to windows to inspect the icing sugar-esque dusting on the car park, panicked emails being sent out imploring people to read the guidelines on the intranet, people cursing themselves for not heeding the sage advice of our BCM and only bringing one coat and no snacks for the 6 mile Himalayan trek home tonight.

It's pandamonium, desperate scenes here in Bracknell. Lives will be lost, loved ones will grieve. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

More importantly, the car park will be empty tomorrow and the VPN gateways will choke and die. I for one welcome our snowy overloads, and intend to build a snowy-man in their honour.

Cannot wait for this blizzard, so me and my dad dont have to go to work.

Sledging all day, hot chocolate afterwards.

It will be like being 10 all over again!

Time to get the batteries charged for the camera and to dust off the flask. Hopefully I can ditch my lazy ways and get out in to the snow to grab some decent images.

For anyone wanting to follow the progress of the snow across the country in real time this site is pretty good: HERE

My area has got an amber alert for snow. Makes me worried about my plans to go back to work tomorrow and not take another sick day. Going to work in the snow is likely to make me 10 times worse than I am now :(

you weren't kidding, that is a very cool site.

By tomorrow evening I'll be surprised if the site is still functioning. As soon as it starts snowing people tend to update the site straight away. So you can imagine that, country wide!

Come onnnnnn school closures, i do not want to go to work tomorrow, sat here with the county council school closures thing in the background refreshing every few minutes to see what other local schools are closed.

Bad enough i have to try and move house in this weather let alone work through it first.

I don't think it's been above zero once here all week . The snow from Monday is frozen ice block hell .

-4 right now. Seen a -12 earlier

Back
Top Bottom