It's snowing

Permabanned
Ugh, blizzard conditions on the A3 south of the Hindhead tunnel. Train home got cancelled so had to walk home on slippery slush for 50 minutes. Not a good day, can't wait for a return to wet and windy weather at the weekend.

yeah its crazy I live in Haslemere, drove home at 4 from Kingsley near Bordon, its mental was settling so fast, its still going, my road is covered will freeze into an ice rink overnight no doubt

Associate
Very heavy snow here in the Forest of Dean, I've not seen anything like it for quite a few years. Thankfully it just about held off until I got home from work.

Don't care what anyone says, but I'm not going to work tomorrow. I somehow managed to save a catastrophically big slide down the hill out of my estate this morning and I'm not risking that again. I've been informed the A48 which I use to get to work is just as bad as the small roads, so it's just not worth the bother.

Associate
It's a lot slushier than it was on Friday though I have to say :)

Yeah true, roads might be a bit problematic in the morning though. I think it's only snowing because I spent a good hour shifting the ice from the pavement outside the house yesterday! Now I'm going to have to do it all again, fun times :rolleyes:

Associate
Cool. I used to live on Taunton road for a bit, then moved to Chedzoy!

Has the college closed?

Not a clue. I have checked the website, the emails and their twitter account but nothing yet. On Friday, we got an email at about 6am that it was closed. Probably the same tomorrow unless the snow magically melts overnight... :p

Associate
It was relaxing for the first day or two. Now it's annoying.

I have to go to college tomorrow to see my tutors about some work which has to be handed in on Friday because I'm stuck.

And it's just started to pick up again so it's looking unlikely...

Back
Top Bottom