It's snowing

Soldato
Just drove back from Milton Keynes, where there was quite a good dusting (about 5cm). It turned to sleet by Bedford, and just rain here in Cambs. Not nice weather for driving in, either way!

Associate
Roughly 3 inches of snow in total this morning.
And 3 inches still on peoples cars driving up the A1 this morning, getting battered with snow.... morons.

It must be a UK (or just less snow experienced) thing.

We get plenty of snow here and no-one clears snow from their car apart from windows (even then I've seen a couple of people with portholes :D). I suppose we're just used to driving around being battered with snow even when there is no other traffic on the road.

Soldato
It must be a UK (or just less snow experienced) thing.

We get plenty of snow here and no-one clears snow from their car apart from windows (even then I've seen a couple of people with portholes :D). I suppose we're just used to driving around being battered with snow even when there is no other traffic on the road.

It's kinda different when the roads are bad and you don't get any motorcyclists. But when the main roads are fine, the last thing you want when on bike and a massive clump of snow in your face.

Furthermore, drivers who don't clear their lights at least.. They're oblivious to the fact they're in camouflage with their surroundings!

Associate
It's kinda different when the roads are bad and you don't get any motorcyclists. But when the main roads are fine, the last thing you want when on bike and a massive clump of snow in your face.

Furthermore, drivers who don't clear their lights at least.. They're oblivious to the fact they're in camouflage with their surroundings!

Fair enough. The snowploughs clear the majority, but the carriageways are still snow covered. The only thing with saddles currently are snowmobiles.

I agree with the lights thing. Seems Windows and lights are the only thing cleaned here. Emergency vehicles are the same.

I can imagine UK police stopping everyone to clear their numberplates too. :D

Associate
STUPID SNOW!!!

Tis back in Manchester and up in the hills (between Wigen and Bolton)

The cat thought it was a good idea to stop outside today despite the snow...I might have a frozen kitty when I get home later

Got soaked walking into work this morning

STUPID SNOW!!!

Back
Top Bottom