It's snowing

Permabanned
What's weather like going up past Perth if anyone is about that way?

Got to head up to Elgin in an hour.

Snowy!

Went for a walk through the Meadows;

20130311180903.jpg

Found a game of topless rugby while I was out there. Sterner stuff than me in my full on winter gear..

Last edited:
Soldato
It's absolutely mental in the Channel Islands.

Blizzard predicted...blizzard is what we have. Terrible visibility, drifts everywhere and it's bloody FREEZING to walk face first in the wind. Trees down, tree down and fallen on people, trees blocking roads, lorries overturned. -_-

Everything is pure white, could easily think you were in another continent.

Last edited:
Associate
Just of to the shops to buy my other half a hot chocolate croissant and some much needed supplies.

Cars stranded everywhere! But no problems for my bmw with winter tires. shame I couldn't find any empty car parks though :(

Soldato
Its been horrendous here. Not so deep barely an inch but the roads... urgh. They simply havn't been gritted at all last night, seems the council was caught with their pants down. Took me an hour to get home last night where it normally takes 15 minutes. I managed to reach the dizzying heights of 20mph at one point. Roads were sheets of ice even the main roads. Unbelievable. The road east is closed as the hill is impassable. I almost didn't get out of the car park the wheels were spinning like crazy but just managed to inch the car out. The wind has been horrendous it was howling last night. I can honestly say it's worst I've seen the roads for 20 years.

Other people have it worse, motorists spent the entire night stuck in their cars on the A23. The school is closed and police are saying don't travel unless you absolutely have to. On the radio someone said it took 5 hours to do 20 miles, and there are plenty of stories like that. The buses stopped at 7pm last night and still aren't running.

Yesterday afternoon heading up over the hilll the steering suddenly went very light and the car started skidding from side to side.. I thought that its, I'm heading for a crash but managed to hang on and recovered. Pretty scary... the weather really wasn't that bad at the time only light snow but the road - no grit. At all. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom