It's too hot :(

Soldato
Wish we could close and delete this thread. It annoys me every year it rears its ugly head... We get so little sun as it is!

depends on part of the country, the entire country is not locked into the same weather.

If you on the south coast or west of country you get the westerlies, which gives you a lot of variety, more wind etc. The reason is the weather pattern when reaches the UK turns north instead of carrying on east so the east of the UK, especially south east never gets that weather.

East midlands and london often get locked into long spells of dry sunny weather with little wind, 8 out of last 10 summers we have had droughts. We even gets lots of dry weather in winter as well.

There is a couple of brighton webcams I sometimes watch in summer, In Leics I can be sitting here scorching hot, drought conditions, no cloud in the sky, no wind, and the Brighton webcam will show constant clouds approaching, rain, storms etc. But that weather will never reach here except occasionally.

Soldato
Loving it, loving it, loving it! Decking is drying out today and will start the oiling process tomorrow!

Oh and for this afternoon; beer garden in a few hours. It's sandals and shorts time!

Soldato
Beautiful day, probably best of the year so far and what do the farmers do... spray the most ville and breathtakingly pungent concoction on all the fields nearby.

I don't even want the windows open let alone go outside :eek:

Soldato
If it just stayed like this all Summer that would be awesome but no, its not long now until weeks of unbearable muggy weather arrives which is also fine at the weekend, just hate it at work

Soldato
depends on part of the country, the entire country is not locked into the same weather.

If you on the south coast or west of country you get the westerlies, which gives you a lot of variety, more wind etc. The reason is the weather pattern when reaches the UK turns north instead of carrying on east so the east of the UK, especially south east never gets that weather.

East midlands and london often get locked into long spells of dry sunny weather with little wind, 8 out of last 10 summers we have had droughts. We even gets lots of dry weather in winter as well.

There is a couple of Brighton webcams I sometimes watch in summer, In Leics I can be sitting here scorching hot, drought conditions, no cloud in the sky, no wind, and the Brighton webcam will show constant clouds approaching, rain, storms etc. But that weather will never reach here except occasionally.

I live in Eastbourne on the south coast which is just over 30 mins from Brighton and we apparently get the most sun in the country so don't let them webcams fool you! :)

Back
Top Bottom