It's too hot :(

Been brutal but nice at the same time in Mid Wales near the coast, we've had 3hours of light rain in 2 months, everything is dying/dead wild fires are tacking off, ancient woodland been burning for over a week 4 miles from me.
But its a change from rain ;).

My weather http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/99150.html

I'm up in North Gwynedd and it's been the same here, fires and all, unfortunately. You're right though, it does make a nice change from rain. :)

Was 32c here today, at least according to the thermometer in the car. Spent the afternoon cutting a hedge. Hasn't rained for nearly a month and hay fever is absolutely killing me!
Our 'Dry Season' is 32/33 from May through to September/October, We generally don't have rain through to nearly November. The real kicker is that i havent had hayfever since moving here. I used to have it really bad when i lived in the UK but since moving i have been virtually Hayfever free! I say virtually because it came back on a 2 week holiday to NZ.

Desalination

Tell that to Cape Town.

From my own experiences, desalination is a pain in the bum, in my last building we had a reverse osmosis unit which desalinized the softened (by our softener) water and despite being a rather large unit, didn't produce water nearly as quick as you'd think. I'd imagine that catering to a whole country would require a unit that would probably cost more to run than Hinkley Point.

Surely its worth the risk to look healthy and tanned rather than pallid and ghostly ?

As a Greek, is public knowledge (and constantly warned about) that you should avoid the sun between 11-15:00 during summer (for UK the hours extend to 16:00). Is the worst period for high UV radiation and no sun cream can help you. While the body is working overtime to keep your cool. Which if it fails to do so, can lead to sudden death or illness and high fever for days.
Also no more than 15-20 minutes per day.

The hours under direct sunlight on the garden,or on their holidays, many Britons do, leads to skin cancer. And the different lighter skin pigment the majority has here is even worse.
And I am not talking about the dangerous type cancer, but even brown dimples on the skin is cancer. Which personally I find them disgusting looking like dirt.

A bit of sun is good for you but staying out until your skin starts turning brown and cooking isn't healthy imo.

I went to the super market yesterday noon, and saw almost everyone with a roasted brown colour. Which is wrong on health grounds.
If you go to Greece in September you won't find anyone that dark, even when whole summer is spent at the beach daily, like I used to do.

Hell hadn't been that dark even in the army on both summers of 1996 & 1997. And all the day we were out and about, which included daily 2 hours of running and physical exercise while top less. And if noon hours we were out under the sun, sleeves had to be pulled down and all buttons closed to the neck to avoid the metallic tag burning your chest skin. Which believe me is painful.

As someone who has just had the last couple of weeks off for paternity leave, I have very much enjoyed the weather, and the World Cup! :p

Long may it continue!

Tell that to Cape Town.

From my own experiences, desalination is a pain in the bum, in my last building we had a reverse osmosis unit which desalinized the softened (by our softener) water and despite being a rather large unit, didn't produce water nearly as quick as you'd think. I'd imagine that catering to a whole country would require a unit that would probably cost more to run than Hinkley Point.

FYI.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Water_Desalination_Plant

(yes it is an energy intensive process thus rarely used )

Absolutely loving this weather. Wouldn't bother me if we had another month of it!

Apart from plants being bone dry and dying I really don't see what's not to like especially when humidity has been relatively low, it's summer it's supposed to be hot and sunny, it's probably the first proper summer in a decade that hasn't been ruined with low temps and rain

Back
Top Bottom