It's too hot :(

Caporegime
Humidity makes a big difference, how humid is Australia? UK heat is like hell, yet in hotter places around the world the heat does not feel so unbearable.

I find this.
In Italy I was happy walking around in 35c
But in England for some reason I get sweaty walking in 25c heat!

Soldato
Had a lovely nights sleep, although I was extremely knackered, was in bed for 10pm and didn't wake once until 7:45

It's just warm enough to sleep without any bed covers is all.

As above though it's the humidity that does the damage, when it's dry and hot I find it really pleasant but the humidity we get makes it stifling and horrible.

Soldato
Its most likely not the same people moaning about summer as it is winter. I like the cooler weather autumn and spring, cold doesn't bother me at all but I don't like sweating just because i dare move. I feel horrible and grubby in this heat, the fact I have to plaster myself in suncream doesn't help.

Soldato
She can't wear them, it's been tried.

FWIW my wife was similar for a while but then found an online place which would send you a box with ~20 different pairs of earplugs from all sorts of manufacturers, which allowed you to try out the many different varieties and sizes - once she found a type that fit really comfortably and suited her ears she's worn them without a problem ever since

Associate
Let me know when you have a proper heat wave.

20140310_cc_angry_summer.jpg

^^ That's a heat wave.

It's not really a case of 'heat wave'. It's the humidity that's the killer, particularly in UK summers.

Caporegime
FWIW my wife was similar for a while but then found an online place which would send you a box with ~20 different pairs of earplugs from all sorts of manufacturers, which allowed you to try out the many different varieties and sizes - once she found a type that fit really comfortably and suited her ears she's worn them without a problem ever since
I'll suggest this to her.

Man of Honour
What is it with British people? During the winter people will moan about the cold and the second the sun pops it's head out and we have some heat everyone runs for shade!

I think that you’ve hit the nail squarely on the head there, the Brits are never satisfied, my old Dad used to say, if it rained 200 and 100 franc notes, the English would complain that they wanted 50s and 20s.
Another of his classics was, “If an Englishman haggled you down to half the original asking price, his next move would be to say that for that price he expects two of what you’re selling.”

Caporegime
Its most likely not the same people moaning about summer as it is winter. I like the cooler weather autumn and spring, cold doesn't bother me at all but I don't like sweating just because i dare move. I feel horrible and grubby in this heat, the fact I have to plaster myself in suncream doesn't help.

I change at lunch from shirt and trousers to Shorts and the shirt so I dont get sweaty on my walk now.

I also now use the alcohol spray sun screen. I love that stuff. No cream!

Associate
Current High temperatures in the SE of England at 11.00am:

Ascot - 28c
Acton - 28c
Chelmsford - 27c
Woking - 27c
Grays - 27c
Buckingham - 27c
London - 26c
Maidstone 26c

Theme continues around the south east region

Back