It's too hot :(

Caporegime
After a few days of 30+ degrees I have decided that my body literally cannot function in the heat... Was stuck in traffic on the M3 yesterday, 34 degrees, all windows down, sunroof open, still absolutely boiling, fan directed at my face, no help at all. And eventually the car started to overheat so I had to put the fans on HOT.

Genuinely one of the most horrendous moments of my life. Absolutely no escape.

Still, I have a nice tan which is novel for a desk hermit like me! :p

Soldato
Indeed, as nice as the recent warm spell’s been, it’s a relief to get some cooler temps for once. Our bedroom’s east facing, so it’s been getting hotter and hotter as soon as the sun breaks the horizon, making it like an oven by around 5.30 at this time of year.

Just slightly annoying that this happens on the day I get my air conditioner delivered.

Soldato
It’s been so hot today that I couldn’t get any cold water from the kitchen tap, it was almost warm even after running for a minute or so.

Old pop bottles and your fridge say hi.;)

Slightly cooler and more breezy start to today in SO18, expected to be approx 5C cooler than yesterday.

Should have popped out for a ride like yesterday's departure at ~0700, but we are swapping from BT to Plusnet for landline and BB today. Phone already switched, but now no BB besides my mobile 4G, at least it gave me less excuses to catch up on fish tank chores.

Soldato
I'm guessing it's not been as warm today? (EDIT: okay, post above tell me this) I've not left the flat, but I'm actually feeling a little cold now, might actually have to turn the AC off early today!

Forecast looks more manageable for the next week or so, around 25°C :)

Soldato
Old pop bottles and your fridge say hi.;)
I've been doing this almost since the start of the hot weather. I just tip out each bottle at night and refill it with fresh water for the next day.

If nothing else, they may later serve as reserves if we start getting water droughts.

Man of Honour
Too hot? OK.

21jrj8i.jpg

That was last week, and it's been the same every day since. The thermometer on that clock doesn't go above 50, it just flashes when it's over that :o

Man of Honour
Hot. This country can't deal with a little good weather. Try living and working in Dubai and then complain :)

It's almost like Dubai is a hot country year round and has infrastructure, air conditioned homes and facilities to deal with it. Crazy that.

These silly comparisons with hotter/colder countries that do it better make no sense when they deal with these conditions regularly..

Associate
It's almost like Dubai is a hot country year round and has infrastructure, air conditioned homes and facilities to deal with it. Crazy that.

These silly comparisons with hotter/colder countries that do it better make no sense when they deal with these conditions regularly..

Indeed, we wouldn't be complaining if we we had cool homes and work places to go to.

Back
Top Bottom