It's too hot :(

Soldato
A bit of rain in Swindon yesterday teatime and overnight. Gets me off watering the garden for a day or two. Still quite humid though.

Much cooler - came to work in my shirtsleeves still this morning and wished I'd put a coat on.

Hopefully also no more maggots in the wheelie bin which have been a huge issue with fortnightly collections, despite regular cleaning, liberal dosing with Jeyes powder, fly spray etc.

Soldato
Washed the car last night.... now raining all day so far. I only washed it as originally it said just a short shower in the morning... going to have to go out in it shortly :( Why can't it just be a nice dry 21°C.

Caporegime
For the first time in weeks (months?) I'm going to sleep without the sound of two fans and an air conditioning unit in our room.

Anyone wanna take bets on what time my wife kicks me to tell me to stop snoring?

Soldato
After 2 months the bedroom temp has dropped to 20c - Nice to keep arms and legs under the cover.

I wish the BBC weather forecasters would make up their minds - one minute it's going to rain and next it is tomorrow or not at all.

Soldato
Raining "cats and dogs" in SO18 currently, at least Met Office has lifted the forecast of thunder around here, but still on the cards between Winchester and Petersfield a little later.

Edit: And within a few minutes of posting this, we get a clap of thunder in SO18! :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom