It's too hot :(

Soldato
Definitely had a lot of rain in Manchester this week.
Looking forward to heading out to a local waterfall tomorrow for some photos if I can get close enough.

Man of Honour
We are in a solar minimum right now but I doubt summer is done quite yet. Current setup brings in a lot of neither here nor there weather but it wouldn't take much to change dramatically.

Soldato
its just been sunny forever here ,with some needed downpours around the 30th july , same today

IMG-20190802-064528.jpg

Soldato
MASSIVE warm downpour in Manchester yesterday, heaviest I've ever seen the rain, it was painful on my skin as I cycled through, it was like cycling through a river cutting through it, people were looking from shelter at me as if I was crazy, my bike got a really well much needed clean though only need to oil my chain now!

Soldato
MASSIVE warm downpour in Manchester yesterday, heaviest I've ever seen the rain
I think we had the same thing, 15 miles or so south of Manchester. Water was pouring over the gutters all round the house, so today I went round checking everything. All clear, flow normal down all the downpipes. There was just so much water coming off the roof, so fast, that the drainage couldn't cope. It was spectacular to see.

Less spectacular was the new leak in the conservatory. I think it was the gully flashing failing to cope with the temporary flow, so water built up and reached parts normally protected by the roof overhang. Time, and more all-weather sealant, will tell.

I'm still not going to complain though. Cooler, wet and humid is better than hot and sweltery and humid. However, in light of the fact we're only 7 miles from Whaley Bridge as the crow flies, I should be wishing for something a bit more Cornish to give the land time to drain; everywhere's sodden and I can't help feeling there are all sorts of subsidence problems lurking. A long stretch of retaining wall's fallen down a couple of streets away, and we have a -- thankfully lower -- retaining wall along this property to three houses 1.5m higher up. I'm starting to get twitchy, because my bricklaying skills are almost as good as Winston Churchill's (apparently it was what he did to relax, but not very well).

Soldato
I've never seen rain like it this week. The car park under the building still has a couple of inches of water lapping around the front wheels of the car. The rainwater drains on the road outside got overwhelmed when it dumped down on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Lets hope the Toddbrook reservoir holds during the Thunderstorms forecast early evening. Interesting times at work if it doesn't...

Caporegime
How the heck are you guys getting any sleep at all?

I'm sitting here drenched in sweat and I'm not doing anything bar moving my fingers.

Hate this heat. The quicker we get back to <20 the better.

Man of Honour
How the heck are you guys getting any sleep at all?

I'm sitting here drenched in sweat and I'm not doing anything bar moving my fingers.

Hate this heat. The quicker we get back to <20 the better.

Most of the time I've got a nice breeze through here off the valley.

Associate
We can't even have the windows fully open in our house at night.

There is a grey cat from somewhere down our road that likes to run along our garden wall, jump onto our conservatory and through our bedroom window in the middle of the night.

Friendly little ****, comes in, headbutts and purrs at both me and my partner but almost soiled myself last time it visited - Was fast asleep and woke up when it jumped on me.

Soldato
had a wander down boardmasters yesterday (surf part still on) it was a mixture of nice sunshine then torrential rain ,windy but not as bad as i expected ,maybe the headland sheltered a little
may wander down again today ,tmay take my bodyboard but fistral will be a mess ,the sheltered town beaches even out the swell as it wraps around
https://newquayactivitycentre.co.uk/towan-beach-newquay-webcam/

Back
Top Bottom