It's too hot :(

Soldato
cold front arrived overnight, much fresher and pleasant today.

Agreed, can actually get some sleep now. As for rain, what rain? Lol. Water bill is going to be huge its almost pointless trying to grow your own veg nowadays the only thing keeping it alive is the sprinkler. Still I've got some windowframes to rub down and paint outside so its handy for that at least.

Soldato
For those too hot, don't worry - winter may well be on it's way
Britain could be heading into one of its coldest winters in decades, scientists have said.

Climate experts at University College London have studied current sea temperatures and a weather system over the north Atlantic, predicting extreme weather for the UK.

They say a freezing vortex of Arctic air is expected to hit the country in the next four months, seeing temperatures plunging to their lowest in decades.

Forecasters predict it could be colder than the Beast from the East, which saw temperatures in the Cairngorms in Scotland drop to -14°C.
New Beast from the East to hit UK during ‘coldest winter in 30 years’

Soldato
It's been 18'c for most of the day, very nice warm sun but not so hot you sweat just walking around, small breeze keeping it feeling quite fresh.

Soldato
Today’s been lovely here. Warm sunshine and a nice breeze. Perfect weather.
I'm not too far from you but could only do an hour on the patio before the "parky" hit. Temps have proper dropped in the last week or so BUT we're off to Tenerife for a cheeky last summer hurrah next Saturday; just before everything supposedly related to the continental collapses!

Soldato
I've had the leccy blanket on low for the last couple of nights.

Winter is coming :(

The heating kicked in(18C) August this year which I suppose is better than last year when it happened in July. I want a super, mega global warming because it will apparently mean that summers around here will be 21C.

Soldato
Your place must be cold!

It is.

It's an old house built at the turn of the last century when house insulation wasn't really a thing.

Great in hot summers, not so great in winter.

Before I had CH installed a few years ago, I remember my brother popped around one cold December day and he remarked that my house was colder inside than outside. :p

Man of Honour
Beautiful day down here today, looks like tomorrow will be even hotter. :)

Been really nice here during the late morning and through the afternoon the last couple of days - my kind of weather as it is sunny but comfortable to actually get out and do things. Gets a bit cool as the day closes but then at least it isn't stuffy when trying to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom