It's too hot :(

Soldato
Living room 22.5c
Bed room 18c.
Babies room 21c.

One thing I don't get is people that turn it on in winter.
If you turn it on and set it to say 20c, what did you do the day before when it was 19c, if 19 is warm enough why set it to 20c.
Mine stays on all year round.

I think you're confusing what a thermostat does. The set temperature should be the temp that is seen before the heating kicks in, and then maintained.

Soldato
I think you're confusing what a thermostat does. The set temperature should be the temp that is seen before the heating kicks in, and then maintained.
Not confusing anything.
People say they switched the heating on.
Why did they switch it off?
If you want a room 20c why turn the heating off at all.

Soldato
Not confusing anything.

because in the summer, the room will be above 20C, more than likely, but overnight it might drop to 18C and if your heating is on, and set to kick in at 18C, to maintain 18C, then in the middle of summer, your heating will come on.

Soldato
Not confusing anything.

because in the summer, the room will be above 20C, more than likely, but overnight it might drop to 18C and if your heating is on, and set to kick in at 18C, to maintain 18C, then in the middle of summer, your heating will come on.

I'm with Rob here. In the winter you always want it to be 20ºC, but in summer you're happy for it to drop to 18ºC? To me that doesn't make sense... Surely you just have a temperature that it comes on when it gets to. Surely it shouldn't really matter what time of year it is?

Soldato
I'm with Rob here. In the winter you always want it to be 20ºC, but in summer you're happy for it to drop to 18ºC? To me that doesn't make sense... Surely you just have a temperature that it comes on when it gets to. Surely it shouldn't really matter what time of year it is?
Finally someone that understands.
If it's 18c and the set temp is 18 my heating wouldn't be one of it dropped to 17.5c it would come on enough to keep it at 18c.

Associate

Of course it matters, because of humidity.

Soldato
Been walking nearly a month across northern spain and its awesome weather, 29c and Wall to wall sunshine tommorow. in villafranca del beizos and just got a very nice vino tinto to drink on the hillside, not wanting to go back and sign on yet so may spin this jaunt out a tad longer

Soldato
Living room 22.5c
Bed room 18c.
Babies room 21c.

One thing I don't get is people that turn it on in winter.
If you turn it on and set it to say 20c, what did you do the day before when it was 19c, if 19 is warm enough why set it to 20c.
Mine stays on all year round.
Some days some people feel the cold more than other days. It seems pretty simple to me

Soldato
Been walking nearly a month across northern spain and its awesome weather, 29c and Wall to wall sunshine tommorow. in villafranca del beizos and just got a very nice vino tinto to drink on the hillside, not wanting to go back and sign on yet so may spin this jaunt out a tad longer

Sí, señor. We're in Cala Bona (Mallorca) this week and it's been great fun having relatives moan by message that it's freezing cold, windy and wet. I told my Mum, we had awful weather here yesterday too - it dropped to 23 degrees at one point, though it was polite enough to stay sunny. :D It's going to be a heck of a shock walking off the plane on Tuesday. I'd stay down here if I could. From the little I read of the news this week, Blighty is even more up the wall than usual.

Man of Honour
I turn my heating on when I feel cold and I’m already wearing a hoody or similar. Apart from that when it’s really cold outside I’ll have it on for half an hour before I wake up and around the time when I get in from work. But my house retains heat well so I don’t see the need to have it set to 20 constantly as an example.

Permabanned
Not confusing anything.

I think 'switched the heating on' is just a catch all term for them having hot water circulate though their radiators etc. The actual mechanics of how this came to be in terms of thermostats and control is somewhat arbitrary. And yes those without a smart or controllable thermostat do need to actively play around with the thermostat set point as you may want it at 21 deg C during the evening but 18 degrees C is fine during night.

Soldato
Finally someone that understands.
If it's 18c and the set temp is 18 my heating wouldn't be one of it dropped to 17.5c it would come on enough to keep it at 18c.

My heating didn't kick in once during the Summer, I think it was a good 18c + at night during the hottest periods.
I also don't want my heating on during the night even in winter, I'm perfectly warm under my winter duvet.

Soldato
My heating didn't kick in once during the Summer, I think it was a good 18c + at night during the hottest periods.
I also don't want my heating on during the night even in winter, I'm perfectly warm under my winter duvet.
Mine came on a few times over summer to keep one bedroom at 20c at night.
It's on most of the time at the minute, 22c in the living now, 19 in the dining room.

Soldato
Well the 5 weeks of sunshine (25 ish yesterday) on my 500 mile camino frances across spain is at an end.
(last day walking tommorow 32 days)
So very wet and English weather now, got over a week before the ferry to plymouth so going to hang out at the coast,
Time to find a job then I guess

Back
Top Bottom