1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, May 24, 2012.

1. moon man

Mobster

Well the 5 weeks of sunshine (25 ish yesterday) on my 500 mile camino frances across spain is at an end.
    (last day walking tommorow 32 days)
    So very wet and English weather now, got over a week before the ferry to plymouth so going to hang out at the coast,
    Time to find a job then I guess

2. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I leave my heating on all year and just drop the temperature that it kicks in a bit in the summer so it definitely won't do so. Given the email from Hive I get each month says that all summer my house was warmer that other houses with Hive heating in the area despite it not being on.

Tend to prefer the house to be around 18C when I'm awake and preferably a few degrees cooler overnight.

3. moon man

Mobster

Always give my heating a blast most weeks in summer, I fix my own boiler (it's an oil burner but I get a guy in to do the flame settings ect)
    Reckon it helps (and my heating man agrees) to work out the diverter valve ect and circulate the inhibitor,,
    Managed to DIY a pump, circuit board, timer, diverter valve head in the past, but things much better with regular use

4. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

We're having air con installed in a couple of weeks. So no need to worry about the UK having a hot summer this year, it'll rain.

5. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Ah, I thought it was always my taking sunglasses out of the house that caused the rain.

6. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

Nice, I'd definitely had it done if I had a house don't think I'd get permission to stick an aircon unit on the side of these flats...

7. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Sunday is forecast to be 20C and sunny near London. As the weather gets nicer it is going to make isolation a lot less fun.

8. Rickyw88

Associate

Genuinely tempted to buy a sun lounger and just spend the weekend tanning in the garden

9. LiE

Capodecina

Not for me, I'll be in the garden / summer house all weekend.

10. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

lol no chance of it being 20c

11. robfosters

Caporegime

It could well feel like it in the sun.

12. Raikiri

Capodecina

I wish I had a garden. I've been basically doing this most days:

[​IMG]

13. Dave85

Sgarrista

I was getting abuse for cutting the grass today and had to shout back mate its not blooming house arrest your allowed in your garden you pillock. People are just mental.

14. HungryHippos

Sgarrista

haha some people be crazy!

15. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Some people are thick.

16. ci_newman

Sgarrista

For some, nicer weather will make it far more tolerable. I'm dreading the days / weeks where I can't send the kids to play outside in the garden every day. We'll all go crazy stuck indoors all day!

17. Ste

Mobster

Bought a portable air con (pro breeze 9000, 350 quid incl. window kit). Didn't want to invest in proper fitted stuff as we're hoping to move I. A couple years

It's noisy as hell, couldn't sleep with it on. Nor do conference calls. Seems all the decent portable ones are around the 60db range. But it is far more effective that I'd assumed. In direct sunlight the other day did 24 down to 18 in about 20 mins.

Hoping it'll do to blast the bedroom down for a couple of hours before bedtime.