It's too hot :(

Soldato
It was roasting hot on the beach in Swansea today- sand getting too hot to walk on in bare feet. Too hot for me.

I then had to put up with everyone moaning that I haven't got the car's air con fixed all the way home.

Soldato
Finally got around to installing a decent ceiling fan in the bedroom yesterday, bloody glad I did. It's made a noticeable difference. Usually we've relied on desk or tower fans, but finding a decent one that moves enough air whilst being quiet enough to be left on all night has always been a challenge, let alone trying to position it so we can both get the benefit.

Electrocuted myself when fitting it, but I'm now lying under a constant, gentle, refreshing breeze and I can barely hear it. Worth it.

Caporegime
I'm actually surprised how few people seem to like this heat. Many of my friends are not happy with it. But I absolutely love it.

Guess it's as most aren't outdoorsy

Permabanned
Ireland for 6 weeks as a boy was murder, every year we'd go down the beach 5 mins away (stone beach no sand) and I would always get burnt and have the cold shakes the next day looking like a lobster lol...the damn 80's

Soldato
Lovely cool temp in our bedroom at present. At its worst I've seen the upstairs temp reach 27c in a real heatwave which prompted installing AC in the first place. It does bring home the difference though when you step outside the room and experience the warmth coupled with the humidity that would other wise be there, honestly more people would have AC if they actually experienced it.

IM7fBYGm.png.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm actually surprised how few people seem to like this heat. Many of my friends are not happy with it. But I absolutely love it.

Guess it's as most aren't outdoorsy

Around here at least it hasn't been pleasant heat and aside from today not that hot really just nasty stickiness - not even properly muggy or humid just nasty stale air and stickiness.

Soldato
Yeah still 27 in my bedroom at the moment, completely uncomfortable.
I prefer colder weather. I do like summer weather for my hobbies (Mountain Biking, Fishing, etc). However this current spell of hot weather is just too much for me. Couple of weeks of poor sleep and discomfort now. I'm just fining this heat oppressive and uncomfortable.
Trying to move house at the moment, and its just a terrible experience in this current weather.

Man of Honour
Prefer the first days in Spring or last days in Autumn where it is pleasantly warm and you can actually go out and do stuff, cools down at night and if you get out early in the morning you get a nice transition from crisp to pleasant warmth.

Soldato
Finally got around to installing a decent ceiling fan in the bedroom yesterday, bloody glad I did. It's made a noticeable difference. Usually we've relied on desk or tower fans, but finding a decent one that moves enough air whilst being quiet enough to be left on all night has always been a challenge, let alone trying to position it so we can both get the benefit.

Electrocuted myself when fitting it, but I'm now lying under a constant, gentle, refreshing breeze and I can barely hear it. Worth it.

Now thats not a bad idea.

Man of Honour
Lovely cool temp in our bedroom at present. At its worst I've seen the upstairs temp reach 27c in a real heatwave which prompted installing AC in the first place. It does bring home the difference though when you step outside the room and experience the warmth coupled with the humidity that would other wise be there, honestly more people would have AC if they actually experienced it.

Annoyingly AC was fitted to the rest of the house a few weeks ago but I turned it down for my bedroom as normally I just stick on a few fans and doesn't bother me much but last few days I could really have done with it, this medium warm, dead air, stickiness is just horrid and a fan doesn't have as much impact compared to when it is hot normally.

Soldato

IM7fBYGm.png.jpg

What are you using to monitor each room? It looks like the hive app but what are the devices?

Man of Honour
The air con makes it feel warmer than it actually is when you step outside the cooled room though.

Few years back was visiting some caves on holiday - outside temperature was around 34C, inside the caves about 8C. The transition on leaving the caves was quite a shock to the system for a good few seconds I literally couldn't physically breath.

Back
Top Bottom