It's too hot :(

Soldato
Awesome down here, there's a massive amount of morning dew for the garden hot sun but warm not hot air, pretty ideal, especially as I've got time off, been watching the combine harvesters weirdly relaxing

IMG-20210827-070932.jpg

Associate
High of 19C predicted in Staffordshire at the weekend, just the right temperature for motorsport (3 layers of fireproof clothing is not fun in 30C, as I found out earlier this year!).

Bit less rain and summer temps have been perfect.

Associate
Another awful day in the supposed glorious week.

You can only have enjoyed this summer if you're a fan of wearing jackets and allergic to vitamin d.

Capodecina
Soldato

It was all a lie.

Where's the 12-day heatwave the media has been promising? In a nutshell, it's not happening.

Some UK tabloids ran very similar stories last weekend of a 12-day heatwave starting this Monday, these stories were picked up and run by other media outlets - such as regional papers and radio stations too.

In reality, there’s not a heatwave anywhere in the UK this week, using the technical definition of a heatwave. More likely, as is the norm when a Bank Holiday Weekend approaches, the tabloids are looking for feel-good end of summer ‘clickbait’ weather stories for their readers and stretch the truth with regards to the likely weather. Nothing new there then!

A google search shows a whole host of tabloid newspaper websites and other media outlets running very similar stories.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-f...een-promising-in-a-nutshell-its-not-happening

Man of Honour

You can only have enjoyed this summer if you're a fan of wearing jackets and allergic to vitamin d.

Tell me about it!
I detest the cold, but I can’t say with any truth that is has really been cold the last few mornings, but neither has it been warm enough to jump out of bed in your boxers, brush your teeth, then sit in the kitchen drinking coffee sans jeans either.
A couple of times this week I’ve put a small fan heater on in the spare room, then after my a.m. shower, gone in there to dry off and put on fresh boxers and a clean shirt.
My wife, who sleeps on top of the bed in a thong, then puts one of my tee shirts on to come down for coffee, thinks that I need professional help, or at least to ease up on the blood thinning medication that I take for atrial fibrillation.

Soldato
Apart from that mini-heatwave a few weeks ago, yeh, pretty much.

I've already started wearing a sweater again. :(

Easy to see how SE-centric this forum is. While its... not warm here my mother called and said its boiling there they're sitting outside as it too hot indoors (SW, devon).

Airflow is from the north and the east side of the country is affected as it comes in off the cold north sea, the west not so much

Soldato
High of 19C predicted in Staffordshire at the weekend, just the right temperature for motorsport (3 layers of fireproof clothing is not fun in 30C, as I found out earlier this year!).

Bit less rain and summer temps have been perfect.
Gold Cup by chance?

Soldato
Easy to see how SE-centric this forum is. While its... not warm here my mother called and said its boiling there they're sitting outside as it too hot indoors (SW, devon).

Airflow is from the north and the east side of the country is affected as it comes in off the cold north sea, the west not so much

Yeh, I'm the midlands and I'm still waiting for that new heatwave that was supposed to arrive a couple of days ago!

Back
Top Bottom