It's too hot :(

The BBC seem to have downgraded their forecast for here (west London) from 40cto 38c. I for one am glad we still have our scaffolding up as it is quite nicely blocking the direct sunlight into my office window and bathroom window :p (south facing)

I remember last year when we moved here the bathroom was a total sauna in mid-20c. I had to put cardboard over the window!

Going to nip out to the grocers to get some supplies now but otherwise wfh, possible move downstairs if it gets a bit much.

The BBC seem to have downgraded their forecast for here (west London) from 40cto 38c. I for one am glad we still have our scaffolding up as it is quite nicely blocking the direct sunlight into my office window and bathroom window :p (south facing)

I remember last year when we moved here the bathroom was a total sauna in mid-20c. I had to put cardboard over the window!

Going to nip out to the grocers to get some supplies now but otherwise wfh, possible move downstairs if it gets a bit much.

Down to 37, 38 here. There’s a tiny bit of cloud cover blocking the sun, although that’s made it really muggy again.

Still forecasting 40°C here by 17:00.

It’s not yet 10:00 and it‘s 30°C in the shade and, since it didn’t drop below 23-24°C overnight, opening all the windows and doors when I woke up at 08:00 just meant I swapped one load of warm air for another.

Feels like they've shot their load with all these warnings for the south over the last week and its going to be a massive anti-climax down here. Of course the more they do this the less likely people are to listen.

Feels like they've shot their load with all these warnings for the south over the last week and its going to be a massive anti-climax down here. Of course the more they do this the less likely people are to listen.

The red warnings have been mainly for the centre/east of the country though haven't they?

Back
Top Bottom