It's too hot :(

I had a passing thought about taping some cardboard outside the glass in the south-facing kitchen door this morning but decided it's just not worth it. Being overly dramatic.
I did ours on the inside and I think it was entirely pointless. I'm not going to move them to the outside now, not when it'll all be cooling down for good in about 24 hours.

I did ours on the inside and I think it was entirely pointless. I'm not going to move them to the outside now, not when it'll all be cooling down for good in about 24 hours.
It's certainly worked here, the house is noticably cooler than it usually is when the weathers hot. It'll all be coming down Tuesday night though, it looks mad.

My car read steady 36/37c for a good 10 miles in South Wales so it's really warm here at the moment. So glad I have a portable air con for this weather, have mine permanently connected all year round as I drilled a big hole in the bedroom wall years ago and connected the pipe that way so it's a nice and comfortable 21/22c in the bedroom even when gaming. Without it my room has no issues hitting 28c+ without gaming as I face the sun from sunrise until sunset.

I absolutely hate the heat, but am finding it OK so far. It's just shy of 37c outside. House downstairs is about 27c which is fine.

Tomorrow will be interesting if it's over 40!

Enjoying it tbh (especially as I’ve worked from home today and am doing to tomorrow), could do with a bit more of a breeze though. Only thing that sucks in this weather is getting in my car when it’s been in the sun all day - leather seats = 3rd degree burns mixed with sweat. Never get round to buying sunshades because by the time I think about it every year the weather dies down. Would like a car w/pre-conditioning for this sort of thing… alas my finances do not stretch that far.

Good luck leaving - your wheels will be gone already.
Quite safe, they are quite literally too hot to touch! :D

I do think the temperature I posted underlines the point being made about this being dangerous heat, the forecast temperatures given are in the shade, in the sun it’s considerably hotter and that’s the true danger point.

I’m now back in Staffordshire, temperature on the move 37c, now I’m stopped out in the sun on a concrete transport yard, it’s currently reading 47c!

To my dismay, I’ve seen countless morons out walking their dogs in this heat today…. :/

My windows have started to creek every now and then. I'm guessing there is some expansion from the heat
Our new build upvc patio doors are a nightmare for this.
They face south west and warp in and out of shape each day the sun shines on them.
Trying to adjust them to a happy medium so you can open and close them is proving difficult!

Pretty bad form for people to be posting what their air con is set to.

"The food shortages are terrible. We've got barely any food in Barnsley, rice any chickpeas again tonight"
Reply:
"Just sitting down to a nice roast with all the trimmings, yorkshire puddings anyone?"

:)

Collected the kids at 2:50 and I was drenched in sweat. I have to walk to school and back with my 3 kids and they were moaning all the way back as it was hot. Currently 2 of them in the pool and other in bed (2 years old). I'm inside wondering if I should venture in to the kitchen to make tea for them.
The house quite pleasant to be frank. I will imagine it will warm up further over the next few hours but my fans are doing the job of blowing air out of the bedrooms. 2 bedrooms are now out of the sun and windows and curtains open with fans still on, getting nice and cool-er.. still 25c+ but.

I knew about humidity and how it effect the temperature but having it this low and in this high of a heat it isn't too bad.

Back
Top Bottom