It's too hot :(

The night is going to be awesome. I imagine people are going to sleep outside or by a open window/door? For those with houses that hold onto the heat. Then it starts to somewhat cooldown by 4 - 6am as the heat climbs again by 8 - 10am.

Just gonna try to get heat out of the house ready for tomorrow. Wont be even trying to sleep. Would like to get to a supermarket for more supplies but wont die if that doesn't happen.

Edit: i have to open the front door to get heat to move at all, so cant just abandon it or some chav will take all my stuff.

I'm in Devon, it's 29 here now. My house in Gloucester is 26 degrees inside, 36 outside.

We have a mobile A/C unit, but we don't use it often. Today it would be one.

What we do is batten down the hatches at around 7/8am, then once the temperature outside is lower than temperature inside, we put two fans in a spare room upstairs next to open windows, pointing out, then open the windows in our bedroom. This works remarkably well and cools the house down really quick. Apparently a trick done by Australians in houses without A/C.

Kept all the windows closed and curtains pulled all day and the house is at a lovely 25°, no a/c or cooling.

It's the people with thick stone houses I envy to a degree in these times with tall ceilings. They don't even need to close windows or have curtains pulled.

The night is going to be awesome. I imagine people are going to sleep outside or by a open window/door? For those with houses that hold onto the heat. Then it starts to somewhat cooldown by 4 - 6am as the heat climbs again by 8 - 10am.
We have moved our mattress down into the front room where our ac will cool the room down to a lovely 23c. Being made of concrete our house will hold the heat all night.

soo kept windows shut all day until the back ones were in the shade, inside has gone from 29 to almost 35c... i am a noob lol

this place is mad, no insulation so its just sucking in heat but during the winter its like a bloody icebox...

I have managed to keep the inside of the house OK today but I think it hasn't been as hot as the BBC has claimed. In the peak of the day it was super super warm but theres cloud cover now and its OK outside. It ain't 34 degrees outside right now. I would be surprised if its even 30.

Will open the windows up around 8 and start the cooldown.

Back
Top Bottom