It's too hot :(

Yeah, I think it only makes a difference of a degree of two. Apparently it still lets in 90% of the heat. Need external blinds or other form of shade to really make a difference.

Article I was reading on the subject: https://www.heatspaceandlight.com/how-design-build-home-uk-cool-summer-case-study/
It’s such a shame the external shutters look so industrial/commercial. I’d love some on our house, just think it’d look very “afterthought” to retrofit. Deep recesses windows like in this article look perfect for it!

no salad fo me, chicken korma with onions n mushrooms, omnomnom :)

lasagne and salad tommorow. i made a massive one, freezer lasagne.

my window for outside exercise is 5-25c, anything outside that im not going out.
used to be a lot more than that but getting into my fifties i spend more time stretching
than pushing. the eyes dont go square looking at the screen, the neck does.

Went to the office today, was almost too cold.....

House has been shut up all day, blinds too, just over 25degrees in here when I got home, and it's south facing too, and gets the full force of the sun all day.

Peaked at 37.5 this afternoon. I've kept the place sealed and Roman blinds down. The house is south facing (usually a plus!).

Currently still 35 outside but hazy/overcast, 26.4 inside. The plan is to air the place out at dawn tomorrow when the inside is higher than outside and then seal it again.

As soon as you open the front door it's like you stepped off the plane at Rhodes Airport (not suburban UK...)

Back
Top Bottom