It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Sadly, it’s a bugbear of mine that this thread is often populated by selfish sods who don’t care about anyone else as long as they’re nice and cool.
Don't get me wrong I'd love some rain (mainly for my garden). But complaining that summer is warm seems a little daft. Asking for support to keep cooler if you struggle with the heat is another thing altogether. However it only takes a week maybe two to adapt to the temperature, besides. I'd rather have seasons that it be hot all the time or cold all the time.

I look forward to winter as it's nice to have cold crisp mornings, putting the fire on in the lounge etc.... However, being able to have dinner outside in the evening when it's summer is also wonderful. We're lucky that we have the weather to do both.

Soldato
My little weather station is showing 35.2C at moment - The outdoor sensor is in a corner by garage door which is white and sun is full on it.
24C inside
Be glad when the rains come again.

Soldato
I have a hose pipe permanently plumbed in out of sight down the hedge ,i water the near areas around the back and the living room garden with the retractable then just plug in to the permanent and do the further areas (out of sight beyond this section coming out at the greenhouse)
Lots of morning dew is really helping the lawn tbh it's a bit dry but fine,hose running down the right hand hedge

IMG20220807162957.jpg

Thank god you posted a picture of the outside as I didn't know what dew looked like.

Soldato
I remember a lot of hot summers in the 80’s maybe not quite this level but plenty of hot dry days. The anomaly in my life time was the series of wet summers since the turn of the century it seemed like we got a week in May or June then on and off rain most of the summer before a decent week in August or September.

Soldato
If I remember right the official requirements for a drought have recently been updated to make it harder to hit one, as before many years Leicester (and I assume other areas) kept hitting one in the summer.

Soldato
Thank god you posted a picture of the outside as I didn't know what dew looked like.
I think to you are confused with meteorology thinking dew occurs at periods near full elevator in August :)

here is a picture of dew on the roof of the outbuilding this morning, this makes a.massive difference to overall water collection of the garden especially in rural areas without the heat island effect of urban areas ect

IMG20220809065018.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mrs has been complaining for the last few days that it's going to be too hot on our wedding day, well she's done it now.
Forecast has changed to rain and thundery showers all day while still being around 25 degrees, which is going to make for a proper sweat fest :o

Back
Top Bottom