It's too hot :(

Soldato
The only thing that annoys me is that because I walk to work, it's too cold in the morning when I leave to not wear a jacket, then by the time I leave it's way to hot to wear it so I've had to leave it at work today.

But then tomorrow, I'll have to either wear an old one back in (and then have two jackets to bring back) or just walk to work in the cold.

Associate
The only thing that annoys me is that because I walk to work, it's too cold in the morning when I leave to not wear a jacket, then by the time I leave it's way to hot to wear it so I've had to leave it at work today.

But then tomorrow, I'll have to either wear an old one back in (and then have two jackets to bring back) or just walk to work in the cold.

lol you will have a pile of coats in the winter to wear home when it gets to cold in the evenings so itll even itself out.

Soldato
This isnt heat, I was in texas last year through there drought and it was hitting 44c easily from 11am till 4pm. Working in that is hell im glad it was air conditioned indoors!

Soldato
I hate this kind've weather mainly because of the lack of in-built air conditioned buildings there are to live in :(

England isn't built for anything above 25c! I'm sweltering in my study as I type this. I'm definitely buying some air con / fans tomorrow!

I much prefer Spring/Autumn/Winter to Summer, bring on the sun and low temperatures.

Caporegime
All warm weather and long nights seem to do here is bring out the blue bag brigade onto the streets during the week instead of just the weekend. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Bring me cooler temps at the moment, no fan, sleeping in a converted garage in to done up bedroom next to a conservatory in the summer is not the most fun in the world

Associate
OP
Even my parrot hates the heat (well the fan). I took her upstairs with me and she noticed the fan in my room and freaked the **** out and flew into the wall :(

Soldato
I hate this kind've weather mainly because of the lack of in-built air conditioned buildings there are to live in :(

England isn't built for anything above 25c! I'm sweltering in my study as I type this. I'm definitely buying some air con / fans tomorrow!

I much prefer Spring/Autumn/Winter to Summer, bring on the sun and low temperatures.

Do you not own windows man?

I don't mind the heat most of the time. It's just August I hate, because the long sunny days are gone. August has shorter days, very sticky and humid while being overcast, then it's 22C at night and impossible to sleep. Last year's Indian summer in late Sep / early Oct was lovely though. Give me that over anything else.

Caporegime
Warmest place i have been is North Cyprus got to 58c in Salamis.

Sorry but got any proof for that...?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-08/02/c_13425344.htm

Cyprus records all time high temperature said:
n all time high temperature of 46 degrees] Celsius was recorded on Sunday in the Cyprus capita, Nicosia.

The previous record temperature in Cyprus was 44.4 degrees Celsius and was recorded more than half a century ago, in mid August 1956.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-08/02/c_13425344.htm
http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/temperature-breaks-all-records/20100803

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records

:p

But I guess it's like 6" of snow and -20 most people seem to get every winter.:p

Man of Honour
Walking around all day by the sea at work with sunlight directly above and not a cloud in sight then having a cold shower when getting home = Best feeling ever! Do not want the rain or high chill winds to return!

Soldato
I like the warm weather, Even tho working 10hrs stuck driving a bullet proof van around with no opening windows or air con. It gets quite warm in those I can tell you.

I don't mind the heat most of the time. It's just August I hate, because the long sunny days are gone. August has shorter days, very sticky and humid while being overcast, then it's 22C at night and impossible to sleep. Last year's Indian summer in late Sep / early Oct was lovely though. Give me that over anything else.

22c is freezing!, anything below 23c and I honestly start shivering.

Back
Top Bottom