It's too hot :(

Soldato
Yesterday was so rough here I took my Kayak out. The sea decided it didn't like this.

A big wave broke right on me and my kayak did a full "point to the sky" then backwards somersault and I was dumped capsized!

These ones in picture are kayakable. The one which got me.. My kayak is 12ft. And the bow didn't get reach the top of the crest! I'd guess it was 7-8ft crest to trough

Sl20fJc.jpg
Looks a great wave ,the last day that scared me was in November 21 ,it was forcast 6 to 8 ft but an amazing 18 second period , didn't go in today it was more like a wind swell , think I am getting too picky tbh , yesterdays swell had really droped off
Still a sea mist there so glad I am back in the garden with a drop of cider
Polzeath webcam

Caporegime
Looks a great wave ,the last day that scared me was in November 21 ,it was forcast 6 to 8 ft but an amazing 18 second period , didn't go in today it was more like a wind swell , think I am getting too picky tbh , yesterdays swell had really droped off
Still a sea mist there so glad I am back in the garden with a drop of cider
Polzeath webcam

It was pretty good for boarding.
Only issue there is at higher tides the beach is all rocks. So makes coming in.. Risky. Porthcawl is much better and isn't far up the road as its all sand.

I always take my kayak and board (not this time, left damn board).

I don't mind flat. Good for long beach to beach kayaks. Also good waves great for boarding. Its when it's choppy with short messy waves that it's not nice for either.

I remember my scariest time on my board. Down at Perranporth. Biggest waves I've ever been in. I was the only body boarder out there 5 or 6 surfers , it was a brewing storm,could see the clouds building. I caught the wave. I've never seen such a drop from a crest.
It was like a like being 1.5 stories high.

Didn't catch it all way in. Went under and felt my spine bend in the force of the wave. I'll never forget it. Those waves must have been 10-12ft.

Im not sure but it looked deadly. I was probably (definitely) stupid to go out. But I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was pretty good for boarding.
Only issue there is at higher tides the beach is all rocks. So makes coming in.. Risky. Porthcawl is much better and isn't far up the road as its all sand.

I always take my kayak and board (not this time, left damn board).

I don't mind flat. Good for long beach to beach kayaks. Also good waves great for boarding. Its when it's choppy with short messy waves that it's not nice for either.

I remember my scariest time on my board. Down at Perranporth. Biggest waves I've ever been in. I was the only body boarder out there 5 or 6 surfers , it was a brewing storm,could see the clouds building. I caught the wave. I've never seen such a drop from a crest.
It was like a like being 1.5 stories high.

Didn't catch it all way in. Went under and felt my spine bend in the force of the wave. I'll never forget it. Those waves must have been 10-12ft.

Im not sure but it looked deadly. I was probably (definitely) stupid to go out. But I couldn't resist.
Never done the cribber Newquay (but watched afew times) and never would tbh but been on this guy Rob Barbers bodyboard course and it's awesome,it's basically like been taught football by Ronaldo (not that I do football)

Soldato
Those where it isn’t a regular occurrence and aren’t setup to deal with it, yes. To be fair even countries that are setup for it often react in a similar way on extreme days.

Its always fun seeing countries that rarely if ever see snow and theres a freak weather event and a heavy snowfall and they don't have a clue how to cope with it.

Soldato
Its always fun seeing countries that rarely if ever see snow and theres a freak weather event and a heavy snowfall and they don't have a clue how to cope with it.
If we invested in a similar way to countries that have permanent snow for 2-4 months of the year. You know what would happen. No snow for ten years.

Then the Daily Mail will have a cover story of photos of snow ploughs new and unused with headline “what a waste of money”

Caporegime
Never understood why people have to flog to the coast during very warm weather as thousands are doing the same. Queues to park, queues to get ice creams, queues to the few loos.

Stop acting like sheep
Shock horror, people want to enjoy some nice sunny weather by the seaside. How dare they!

Back
Top Bottom